Chief Electoral Officer
c/o Metis Nation of Ontario
Unit 1100 - 66 Slater Street
Ottawa, ON, K1P 5H1
Phone: 613-798-1488 or 1-800-263-4889 Ext. 344
To update your contact information please complete and sign a change of address form and send it to:
Métis Nation of Ontario
Suite 1100 – 66 Slater Street
Ottawa, ON, K1P 5H1
Other Election Documents:
Candidate for President
My name is Margaret Froh I’m asking for your support to re-elect me as President of the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO).
I wish all of our citizens well in these challenging times of COVID-19. Please take care of each other and stay safe.
It has been my honour and privilege to serve as your President over the last four years and we have accomplished some truly amazing things. On re-election I will continue to focus on Métis Rights, Community and Results, including:
- Negotiate towards expanded recognition of Métis Harvesting Rights through recognition of mobility of Métis Harvesting Rights, and strengthen our COTH system
- Build further support for strong, healthy, connected and prosperous Métis citizens, families and communities; engaging our seniors, youth, women, veterans, 2SLGBTQ, harvesters and all MNO citizens
- Expand programs and services for our citizens in broad range of areas including post-secondary education, skills training and employment, health, housing, early learning, child-care, justice, mental health and addictions, economic development, language – creating more help where citizens need it
- Build an even stronger, professional and properly resourced Métis public service to serve our citizens and communities
- Reinvigorate MNO Cultural Commission to support promotion of Métis Culture and Arts
- Work with our communities to commission research and lay foundation to advance historic claims and modern-day treaties
- Work with our Northwestern Ontario Métis regional community to get resolution regarding the Crown’s broken promises in Half-Breed Adhesion to Treaty #3, establishing a claims process for all Ontario Métis communities with historic grievances
- Increase leadership and governance capacity at local, regional and provincial government levels as we move to full self-government
- Establish MNO Ethics & Integrity Commissioner and our own community-based conflict resolution program to support timely and effective resolution of community disputes and conduct complaints
- Reduce governance carbon footprint through use of technology and transition to paperless systems
- Enhance transparency and accountability through PCMNO open meetings, broadcasting PCMNO meetings to all communities, a secure online leadership information portal, and ongoing and expanded Town Hall calls with leadership and citizens
- Negotiate with Ontario and Canada on range of matters to improve the social, cultural and economic well-being of MNO citizens and communities per our Tripartite Framework Agreement and core self-government agreement
- Enhance relationships with all levels of government including municipal, provincial, federal and First Nations
- Collaborate with Tri-Council partners--Métis Nation-Saskatchewan and Métis Nation of Alberta--and work with all willing Métis Governments to reform the Métis National Council
- Province-wide Constitution building process that engages all MNO Citizens, respecting regional community differences, and addressing critical issues like Citizenship, Adoption and Community Acceptance
- Bring MNO’s Constitution and core self-government agreement to a successful ratification vote to get us across the finish line and become a fully respected, recognized and resourced Métis Government for the Métis of Ontario!
Help us move these important priorities forward.
Vote for Margaret Froh as President of the MNO!
For more information about voting or Margaret’s campaign, or to volunteer please contact us at email@example.com or visit www.facebook.com/FrohMNO/ or www.margaretfroh.ca