- Programs and Services
Internal/External Job Posting
Contract (March 2022), Full-time position
Location: to be determined
Staring salary Range: $41,610 - $50,320 per year based on experience
Closes: October 26, 2020- 4:30 pm
Summary of Role:
The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) is the official political organization representing Métis People in Ontario. Through the Métis Nation of Ontario Statement of Prime Purpose, the goals of the MNO are:
Reporting to the Acting Manager of the COVID Operations Team, the focus of the AP Coordinators will be on payments related to COVID funding applications.
Key Duties and Responsibilties:
1) Completes three-part matching of invoices, purchase orders and proof of receipt of goods or services, verifying that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
2) Prepares other payments supported by third party and internal documents, such as rent, utilities and non-employee and volunteer expense claims.
3) Prepares invoice batches for approval by the Financial Controller
Gains approval for invoices, where required
Verifies that invoices have not previously been paid, have been properly authorized according to the Authorization Framework and enters invoices into the GP Dynamics
4) Prepares submissions to Third Party Monitor and forwards proof of payment to Monitor once the approved invoices are paid
5) Compares and reconciles monthly supplier statements to balances in GP Dynamics
Acquires payment approvals and prepares cheques or cheque runs as required
Obtains payment approvals and prepares rush cheques when required
6) Maintains: Accounts Payable files including pertinent vendor information
- Sequential file of copies of printed cheques
- Up-to-date vendor listing
- File of copies of all invoices necessary to maintain fixed asset inventory
7) Responds to telephone inquiries from MNO employees and MNO suppliers regarding payment of invoices
8) Keeps log of Employees given a VISA card. Monitors purchases on the Cards and reconciles on a monthly basis.
Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Acting Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education and Experience:
Positions at the MNO may require the following:
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Preference may be given to qualified Métis candidates