Executive Assistant (072219-IPSEA-TOR)
Infinity Property Services an agency of the Métis Nation of Ontario
Internal/External Job Posting
Indeterminate, Full-time Position
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Closes: July 22, 2019 - 4:30 p.m.
The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) is seeking an enthusiastic and qualified team player to serve as the Executive Assistant (EA) within Infinity Property Services (IPS). This permanent, full-time position is based in the Métis Nation of Ontario office in Toronto, Ontario with some travel throughout the region. This position includes enrolment in the Registered Retirement Plan and group benefits program after successful completion of a three-month probation period.
The Executive Assistant is a key member of the IPS team and provides administrative support to the General Manager. The EA is responsible for a variety of services related to IPS operations. The EA will support mainly one senior level executive, as well as their direct reports. The EA will coordinate, plan, implement and execute on a wide range of activities and responsibilities. The EA will produce a wide variety of written documents, including reports, plans, and proposals and will rely heavily upon exceptional writing, design, editing and proofreading skills. The EA will communicate and interact well with everyone at any level of the organization while remaining positive and approachable. The EA is required to think ahead in their responsibilities in booking travel, submitting expenses, taking note of preferences, or putting together client, tenant and Metis citizen materials ahead of meetings.
In carrying out the following duties, it is expected that the Executive Assistant will:
- Fully understand the significance and fundamental importance of MNO’s Statement of Prime Purpose (SPP) to all MNO’s work, and to the requirements of the position specifically
- Adhere to MNO Policies and Procedures and MNO’s Financial Policies and Procedures at all times
- Uphold MNO’s Standards of Professional Conduct at all times
- Adhere to Privacy Laws and respect confidential information at all times
- The employee must be cognizant of the Ontario Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workers' Safety and Insurance Board, Ontario Human Rights Code, Canadian Human Rights Act, and other legislative provisions governing the employment relationship between MNO and the employee
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with established Métis Nation of Ontario Policies and Procedures and Contribution Agreements (CA)
- Work in collaboration within the Branch, other MNO branches, MNO leadership, MNO citizens, MNO contractors and consultants on related projects
Reporting to the General Manager, the duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating General Manager calendar in Outlook;
- Interacting with both internal and external executives and assistants to coordinate a variety of complex meetings that may be in different time zones;
- Creating and modifying PowerPoint presentations (i.e. marketing materials, grants, proposals, briefing notes, reports) including formatting of charts, graphs and images;
- Organizing complex travel arrangements, in partnership with travel agencies, and updating calendar with details;
- Balancing conflicting priorities to manage workflow, and ensure the completion of essential projects within required timelines;
- Utilizing analytical skills and a broad understanding of IPS to interpret and anticipate needs and proactively bring together appropriate resources;
- Promptly responding to requests from internal and external individuals with accuracy and a courteous demeanor;
- Interacting with employees to coordinate meetings, process expenses or other matters;
- Applying fundamental business principles as well as an understanding of the overall IPS-MNO organization to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed;
- Planning and coordinating onsite and offsite meetings, special functions and events for both external and internal partners;
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager or designate(s).
- Managing guests, catering, bookings, and document preparation for internal and external meetings;
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the records management and filing systems;
- Organizing and approving, in partnership with General Manager, all organizational communications.
- College diploma or university degree in a related field from a recognized college or university and at least 3-5 years’ experience in an Executive Assistant or Administrative Assistant support role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (create and/or update PowerPoint presentations, use tasks to create to-do lists and manage deadlines, and create mail merges with numerous recipients) and willing and able to adapt to and learn new software.
- Exceptionally organized, must be able to manage multiple priorities and work comfortably and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external contacts.
- Proven experience working efficiently and effectively as part of a team as well as independently.
- Collaboration skills to support the organization in a positive manner.
- Ability to respond to changes, scheduling conflicts, and travel changes with a calm demeanor.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines while maintaining the highest level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, time management and analytical skills to prioritize work load pressures and deadlines.
- Established focus on customer service excellence.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference may be given to qualified Métis candidates.
The Métis Nation of Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.