Operations Support Coordinator
Canada Job Bank Posting #873503
Internal/External Job Posting
Location: Thunder Bay x2
Determinate, Full-time Position
Closes: March 26, 2018 - 4:30 p.m.
The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) Infinity Property Services (IPS) seeks two strong team players to serve as Operations Support Coordinators. There are two temporary, full-time positions starting as soon as possible, and both are based at MNO’s office in Thunder Bay. Some travel may be required.
In carrying out the following duties, it is expected that the Education and Training Branch Operations Coordinator will at all times:
- Fully understand the significance and fundamental importance of MNO’s Statement of Prime Purpose (SPP) to all MNO’s work, and to the requirements of the position specifically
- Adhere to MNO Policies and Procedures and MNO’s Financial Policies and Procedures
- Uphold MNO’s Standards of Professional Conduct
- Adhere to Privacy Laws and respect confidential information
- The employee must be cognizant of the Ontario Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workers' Safety and Insurance Board, Ontario Human Rights Code, Canadian Human Rights Act, and other legislative requirements
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with established Métis Nation of Ontario Policies and Procedures and Contribution Agreements (CA)
- Work in collaboration within the branch, other MNO branches, MNO leadership, MNO citizens, MNO contractors on related projects
- Attend the MNO Annual General Assembly and mandatory training as required
The incumbent is responsible for the following duties, as well as other duties as may be assigned by the General Manager, IPS:
- Clerical support such as filing and photocopying, preparing correspondence, and answering phone inquiries
- Administrative support in the areas of basic accounting activities. These are to also include recording incoming rental or mortgage payments, and assisting with bank deposits
- Provide accounting and data entry support in the various accounting and software packages (Great Plains) employed by IPS, and ensure that information is updated
- Assisting with special events, including arranging and confirming venues, sending invites/receiving RSVPs, coordinating travel
- Receive and Log incoming/outgoing mail
- Assisting with the redelivery of program administration
- Clerical support for the administration of the all social housing and private portfolios with activities such as data entry into property management software and other data entry activities required to support corporate operations
- Fielding maintenance requests, arranging repairs through contractors and issuing purchase orders
- Clerical support for the administration of all social housing and private portfolios
- Administrative support concerning the main tasks of property management including file set up, processing of annual lease requirements, calculation of rent and preparation of forms and notices under the Residential Tenancies Act )
General Administrative Duties:
- Entering and/or maintaining information from different sources (financial transactions, accounting information, general data) into property management databases and ensure that information is updated as required and to maintain the integrity of the databases and systems
- Extracting a wide variety of information from existing software systems to assist the Coordinators as required
- Arrears collections by sending clients notices; 1st notice shall be sent by the 5th working day along with a notice of eviction (N-4). The Landlord and Tenant Board process shall be followed in accordance to the Residential Tenancy Act to begin the eviction process.
- Answering telephone calls and providing back-up for IPS staff as required
- Contacting clients regarding the scheduling of inspections/audits
- Preparing correspondence as directed
- Grade 12, and minimum of three years of progressive, related experience in office administration and customer service
- Proficiency in current computer applications (word, excel, access, Great Plains and/or other database programs).
- Familiarity with the Residential Tenancies Act, Housing Services Act, Landlord and Tenant Tribunal, Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal, Ontario Building Codes, and Geared to Income Housing criteria.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Above average problem-solving, time management and analytical skills to prioritize work load pressures and deadlines.
- Experience in client servicing tasks; i.e. providing advice and guidance to clients, pre-screening, interviewing, and assessing financial circumstances quickly and accurately. A background in property management and other related rental agreement and asset functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance.
The Métis Nation of Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference may be given to qualified Métis candidates (please identify).