Acting Operations Supervisor
Internal Job Posting
Location: Thunder Bay, Barrie or Toronto
Contract (tentatively ending June 01, 2021), 6 month contract position
Closes: November 25, 2020
Starting salary: $60,960- $70,120 per year based on experience
This position will oversee day to day operations of the IPS team to ensure alignment with all Metis Nation of Ontario functional groups to drive communication and consistency. The primary focus is optimizing delivery efficiencies and leveraging operational excellence to achieve the highest performance; the goal is to identify areas for enhancement. The Operations Supervisor ensures that existing processes are being followed by the assigned sites as well as identifies areas for enhancements. This includes utilization and enhancement of standard operating procedures (SOP’s). This role is critical to ensuring that best practices are implemented, utilized and supported. The Operations Supervisor will ensure consistency with best practice across the industry.
The Operations Supervisor will oversee a team of property professionals and will have the following key duties and responsibilities:
Human resources (25%)
- Work with the Manager to hire, develop, motivate and train operations staff to promote customer excellence, operational efficiency and skill development.
- Work closely with all staff to develop and improve analytical and technical skills to improve operational management.
- Manage daily activities and performance of staff in the Northern office
- Administer, promote and review safety policies, processes and procedures to maintain relevance while ensuring the regional office meets or exceeds all Regulatory guidelines.
Operations management (50%)
- Provide direct oversight of daily operations of assigned sites
- Utilize best practices, processes and tools to ensure office activities are optimized and service delivery remains within contractual obligations set by our customers.
- Assist in the annual capital planning and preventative maintenance planning
- Assist in the development, implementation and tracking of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Maintain tracking systems to ensure they are correct and up-to-date and work closely with all staff to ensure participation.
- Use available reports effectively to measure quality, identify variances and establish corrective action in collaboration with the Manager
- Ensure systems are in place to effectively and accurately monitor and analyze results to identify opportunities and concerns in collaboration with the Manager. Provide consistent and effective reports for the Manager.
- Monitor budgets and ensure spending in consistent with contract holder requirements and approved maintenance and capital budgets
- Develop and maintain effective relationships within the community by participating in local activities, events and committees through partnerships within the industry, local associations and the business community.
Technical Services (25%):
- Provide technical services, including inspections of housing units, developing scopes of work and liaise with contractors as required
- Support IPS procurement and tending process in compliance with MNO and external contract holder policies
Required formal education & training
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline pertinent to the job function from a recognized college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years working in a similar environment.
- Valid Ontario “G” driver’s license
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Experience in residential inspections, building systems and construction
- Experience in property management and other related rental agreement and asset management functions.
- A high degree of familiarity with the Residential Tenancies Act, Housing Services Act, Landlord and Tenant Tribunal, Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal, Ontario Building Codes, and Geared to Income Housing criteria.
- A high degree of digital literacy, including demonstrated knowledge of MS Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. and willing and able to adapt to and learn new software.
- Proven experience managing in environments with extensive scope, complexity and diversity of operations while balancing competing interests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively and professionally present information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to complete tasks and projects accurately, efficiently and autonomously.
- Resourceful with the ability to critically think and anticipate obstacles and take action to minimize their impact.
- Proven experience working efficiently and effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours (including weekends as required) and travel throughout Ontario.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Preference may be given to qualified Métis candidates