- Programs and Services
Location: Thunder Bay
Determinate (one year contract), Full-time position
Closes: November 18, 2019 4:30 pm
The Property Administrator is a key member of the Infinity Property Services—Metis Nation of Ontario team and provides service, coordination and support within an assigned Property Management Region (PMR). Reporting to General Manager (for now), the Property Administrator is responsible for a variety of services related to the operation of residential housing properties in the not-for-profit and market-rent sectors. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to tenant and client relations, vacancy reporting, bank deposits, Accounts Receivable (A/R) reporting, Accounts Payable (A/P) processing, budgeting, supplier invoices, rent roll review and production, communication, and administration functions relating to paralegal services.
· Provide exceptional customer/tenant relations in an assigned Property Management Region (PMR).
· Maintain an average vacancy rate of 5% (or lower) for all clients of Infinity Property Services—Metis Nations of Ontario.
· Manage the tenant/client relationship, and complaint process, in conjunction with the Property Inspector, to ensure timelines are met and complaints are resolved.
· Prepare, process and payment of purchase orders with invoices.
· Day-to-day management of accounts payable and supplier invoices.
· Facilitate tenant application process (I.e. Application Waitlists, Interview, Offer of housing, and Tenant Selection).
· Coordinate the issuance of N4 with paralegal services and complete late rent letters.
· Conduct rent collection and the follow-up on the collection of rent and arrears.
· Coordinate L1 applications (E-File) with paralegal services for any tenant accounts where rent was not paid by deadline of N4 notice. Provide documentation as required.
· Coordinate programs inclusive of but not limited to lighting, inspections, leasing/tenant, tenant tours etc.
· Responsible for the mail-out and administration associated to verification of income (VOI) documents.
· Complete annual income reviews; follow up with tenants as necessary for missing documents and updated income verification, complete special income reviews immediately. Data entry as required.
· Create, review and monitor all unit purchase orders in preparation to occupy units in respective PMR.
· Monitor vendors, vendor performance, vendor contracts and vacant unit work, in preparation to occupy units in respective PMR.
· Complete adjustments to accounts for change of rent as required (with approval by General Manager).
· Review / produce the monthly rent-roll, arrears reporting, post adjustments and prepaid as per the clients monthly requirement for assigned PMR. Provide reporting as required.
· Liaise with client/customer staff, lease administrators and legal/para-legal services to ensure the accuracy of information.
· Coordinate tenant document control, act as tenant liaison and provide exceptional communication.
· Provide administrative duties including the answering and dispatching of telephone calls, receipt and distribution of mail etc. Upload to software as required.
· Respond to requests and calls from residential owners relating to common areas and/or matters.
· Assist the General Manager to coordinate regular meetings and record minutes as required.
· Dispatch inspectors, maintenance and security to tenant calls as well as other calls.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager or designate(s).