Property Leasing Manager (111419-PLM-TOR)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Closes: November 28, 2019
Posting #: 190221-PLM-TOR
The Leasing Manager is a key member of the Infinity Property Services—Metis Nation of Ontario team. Reporting to General Manager, the Leasing Manager will provide key support to the entire organization by managing all leasing activities for Infinity Property Services—Metis Nation of Ontario. The Leasing Manager provides lease processing, lease coordination, administration and special project support services. This includes responding to all lease inquiries, communicating with internal and external stakeholders, preparing listings and FAQ sheets, showing space, viewing spaces, gathering and reviewing potential tenant information, drafting leases and verifying data with the Finance & Procurement Officer, maintaining databases, and supporting the General Manager in all leasing matters related to Infinity Property Services—Metis Nation of Ontario. The Leasing Manager provides support and expertise in relation to all Landlord and Tenant Board legislative processes and requirements.
- Research target markets and work with team members to build prospect lease location lists.
- Manage incoming correspondence related to leasing and respond to inquiries sent to IPS—MNO website.
- Respond to all lease inquiries from the general public and MNO tenants and refer qualified leads to the General Manager.
- Prepare all letters and lease documentation for execution for review by the General Manager, including offers to lease, lease agreements, renewals, amendments, sublease and surrender documents.
- Manage, monitor and track submission of leases and supporting documents, as they relate to new and existing tenant files.
- Manage and Coordinate the operations setup (I.e. utilities, phones, internet etc.)
- Maintain spreadsheets and software of tenant data including status of lease expiries and renewals.
- Prepare materials and take minutes for leasing meetings.
- Draft letters and correspond with tenants and landlords, as required.
- Maintain a database of potential lease locations and existing tenants with additional space requirement needs and requests.
- Manage and support special projects such as researching and analyzing industry related information for reference and use in regards to current market rates, existing tenant mix and offerings.
- Provide updates to various departments regarding MNO office move-ins, move-outs and schedule dates for various departments as necessary.
- Prepare materials for new lease opportunities (information gathering, brochure development, email blasts & website posting).
- Proactively ensure adherence to Occupational Health and Safety Act legislative requirement.
- Proactively reach out to prospects in target markets to build relationships and nurture those relationships to generate appointments.
- Manage relationships with current clients and develop new relationships with prospects, providing education of services.
- Manage all aspects of the landlord and tenant board processes for Infinity Property Services—Metis Nation of Ontario.
- Conduct organization-wide business review annually, in partnership with Finance & Procurement Officer and Business Development Coordinator.
- Manage client relationships while achieving a very high–level of customer and Metis citizen satisfaction.
- Conduct annual customer service and Metis citizen survey, in partnership with the Finance & Procurement Officer, Business Development Coordinator and General Manager.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager or designate(s).
Required Formal Education and Training
- Post-secondary Diploma in Paralegal Education from a recognized institution and member of Law Society in good standing
- A certification as a Leasing Officer from the Real Estate Institute of Canada is an asset, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a lease administrative/coordinator role in a commercial property management setting and/or a legal administrative assistant/executive assistant role.
- Experience in the management and administration of mixed-use residential rental environment is an asset.
- Property Management Certification is an asset.
- A high degree of familiarity with the Residential Tenancies Act, Housing Services Act, Landlord and Tenant Tribunal, Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal, Ontario Building Codes, and Geared to Income Housing criteria.
- A high degree of digital literacy, including demonstrated knowledge of MS Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Willingness and ability to adapt to and learn new software.
- An intermediate or advanced skill and knowledge of Adobe products and property management software.
- Valid Ontario “G” driver’s license, a clean driver’s abstract, and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively and professionally present information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to complete tasks and projects accurately, efficiently and autonomously.
- Resourceful with the ability to critically think and anticipate obstacles and take action to minimize their impact.
- Strong knowledge of lease agreements and related documentation, including lease drafting and gathering supporting documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to easily communicate with existing and prospective tenants in situations requiring tact, judgement, confidentiality and sensitivity in diverse and sometimes complex situations.
- Proven experience working efficiently and effectively as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service excellence.
The Métis Nation of Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accomodates are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference may be given to qualified Métis candidates (please identify).