Supervisor, Education and Trianing
Internal/External job posting
Full time, Indeterminate position
Closes: September 17, 2019 – 4:30 p.m.
Posting #: 091719-SET-OTT
The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) Education and Training Branch is seeking a strong team leader to serve as Supervisor, Education and Training. This permanent, full-time position is based in The Métis Nation of Ontario office in Ottawa, with some travel throughout the region. This position includes enrolment in the Registered Retirement Plan and group benefits program after successful completion of a three-month probation period.
Under the direction of the Labour Market Manager the purpose of the Supervisor Education and Training is to provide appropriate supportive interventions to frontline programming to ensure the quality, consistency and continuity of daily programming operations as well as complete understanding including compliance to all MNO Policies and procedures. Varying supports and/or individualized action plans will be developed, actioned and monitored by the Supervisor. This position will not have a budgetary authority specifically; however, will work in collaboration with the entire Education and Training management team as a primary participant in the development of project work plans and partnering budgets. The intent of this position is to allow direct hands on opportunity for individuals to build the skills and knowledge required for a management position within the Métis Nation of Ontario.
The incumbent is responsible for the following items, as well as other duties as may be assigned by the Labour Market Manager:
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Labour Market Manager provide support, training and skill development and supportive interventions to regional frontline employees for matters related to standards of service provision.
- Lead monthly regional work plans calls with regional staff and report back to the management team.
- Participate in regular Supervisor’s meeting with the Labour Market Manager
- Answer calls and provide programming support and report to the Labour Market Manager with sufficient information including recommendations for instructions/approvals to be provided where needed.
- Participate in regular monthly operations meetings
- Engage in supportive site visits as required; report back as per the template format (file and client case management)
- Shadow managers on occasion for site audits.
- Assist frontline with planning/marketing various submission activities; report back as per the template format
- Review Event planning templates and send forward requests, etc. as required.
- Debrief with frontline as required; report back as per the template format
- Receive and forward documentation from frontline onwards (posters, duty to report, etc.)
- Facilitate the interactions to support regional front line through program change when it is presented
- Conduct regional frontline performance evaluations as the final step of a collaborative process with entire management team
- Support mangers with assignments as required.
- Participation in MNO education and training as needed/determined.
- Report directly to the Labour Market Manager
- Ensure Labour Market Manager is briefed on important client, staff, volunteer and community related matters immediately
- Collaborate with management team to prepare the performance reviews for programs and individual employees
- Inform Labour Market Manager of training requests and recommendations
- Collaborate with management team to prepare supporting documents and action plans required to endorse program change and front line adherence as required
- Collaborate with the Labour Market Manager to prepare quarterly reports for regional work plan activities
- Identify gaps in regional work plans and recommend activity to support the gaps
- Work with E & T management team to prepare yearly Annual Submissions for all programs.
- Ensure PTO and PO forms as well as Expense and PCard reports are completed correctly – forward on to Labour Market Manager for approvals
- Work with E & T management team to prepare the information needed for Finance branch to set up accurate program budgets, budget lines and amounts as per our funding agreements.
- Work with Education and Training Manager(s) to develop appropriate tools to support front line struggling with internal financial processes and/or procedures.
- Conduct monthly budget reviews with regional front line staff and report back to Labour Market Manager
- Post-Secondary education in a Social Service related field and/or minimum of 2 yrs experience in providing Supervisory or Management of programs and services in an Indigenous setting.
- Relevant background in Métis focused and broader Indigenous education, labour market, and employment programs
- Well-developed administrative, organizational and communication skills in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with computer programs
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Métis focused and broader Indigenous programs and services
- Flexible work schedule with ability to work extended hours or week-ends as necessary
- Willingness and ability to travel
The Métis Nation of Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference may be given to qualified Métis candidates.