HOW ARE APPLICANTS SELECTED?
- A selection committee will choose up to 20 of the most promising applications to participate in the project.
- Each youth selected to participate will be provided with an on-line Entrepreneurship Training package from the GoForth Institute which provides training and guidance on all facets of developing a business. (www.goforthinstitute.ca)
- Additional guidence and training will be provided by business mentors.
- Upon completion of the GoForth Entrepreneurship on-line training, participants will be required to submit a business plan for review by a panel of judges and up to 10 lucky semi-finalists will be chosen to receive additional assistance to strengthen their business plan. The semi-finalists will have an opportunity to resubmit their business plans for review after which up to 4 finalists will be chosen to participate in a Skills Summit where they will meet business leaders and will be provided with face to face training to refine a number of key skills including the all important art of “the Pitch”.
- Finalists will be provided with travel, accommodation and meals to participate in the Skills Summit.
- Finalists will then face off against a panel of esteemed business leaders and pitch their businesses.
- Based on both the business plans and the presentations, winners will be chosen and exciting prizes will be awarded!
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
The deadline for submission of your application is December 16, 2013.
For more information contact:
Phone: (416) 977-9881 Ext. 101
Toll Free: 1-888-466-6684
Cell: (416) 528-6152