HOW ARE APPLICANTS SELECTED?
- From the submitted applications, a selection committee will choose up to 25 of the most promising submissions to participate in the project.
- Each youth selected to participate will be provided with an on-line Entrepreneurship Training package from the GoForth Institute which provides training and guidance on all facets of developing a business.
- Additional support will be provided to the participants in the form of mentors as required.
- Upon completion of the GoForth Entrepreneurship Training participants will be required to submit a completed business plan for review by a panel of judges and up to 10 lucky semi-finalists will be chosen to receive additional assistance to strengthen their business plan. The semi-finalists will have an opportunity to resubmit their business plans for review after which 5 finalists will be chosen to participate in a Skills Summit where business leaders will work with the participants to refine a number of key skills including the all important skill of “the Pitch”.
- Finalists will be provided with travel, accommodation and meals to participate in the Skills Summit
- Finalists will then face off against a panel of esteemed business leaders and pitch their businesses
- Based on both the business plans and the presentations, winners will be chosen and exciting prizes will be awarded!!!
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
The deadline for submission of your application is November 22nd, 2012.
For more information contact:
Phone: (416) 977-9881 Ext. 101
Toll Free: 1-888-466-6684
MNO PROJECT PARTNERS
Our list of corporate partners generously donating resources and time include:
- Ministry of Economic Development and Innovation
- Nuclear Waste Management
- Techno Metal Post
- SCR Mines
- NuvoCare Health Sciences
- Commerce Assessment Group
- GoForth Institute
Additional sponsors are being sought