Métis Training Purchase (MTP)
- To purchase appropriate training from various accredited training institutions and organizations for individuals and/or groups.
- Programs must be directly linked to enhancing the client’s employment marketability.
- Métis clients whether unemployed, under-employed and/or clients whose employment is at risk due to labour market changes, insufficient employment skills or certification.
Eligible Delivery Agents
- Recognized training Institutions, private Training Institutions and/or delivery agents recognized by industry.
- Training must relate directly to employment goals and must meet the needs of both the client and the industry or labour market.
- Clients must access training through the MNOET intake and assessment process.
- Training costs will correspond to funding availability and must demonstrate cost effectiveness. This may include tuition, textbooks and related supplies, special equipment where necessary, lab/exam and certification fees, incremental transportation and childcare expenses, and living expenses according to the negotiated financial assistance policies.
Capital assets are not eligible expenses.
Up to a maximum of 1 year unless part of an approved multiple intervention return to work action plan.
A two-year diploma program is eligible for funding; however funding can only be committed one year at a time. The second year is dependent on budget availability, RAC approval and client commitment.
Some circumstances may warrant training that is longer than a 2 year time frame due to identified disabilities.
Back to Employment and Training Programs page