We are back for a limited time only!
The MNO Métis Mining Strategy provides educational funding to assist Métis, First Nations and Inuit people interested in careers in the mining industry. Through this program the MNO provides assistance including:
- Financial assistance for short-term training programs and certifications that will be completed by September 30, 2015.
- Wage subsidy to provide real work experience within an approved mining company or subcontractor.
- Tuition-related expenses, such as.: books and supplies, safety equipment, living allowance, dependent care, travel and relocation costs.
Potential areas of study that may be covered by the MNO through the Métis Mining Strategy include:
For more information contact your local MNO office.
- Underground Hard Rock Miner Common Core
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- AZ and DZ licenses
- and other short-term mining-related fields of study.