Jump start your career!
An eight-week tourism & hospitality training program for Aboriginal youth ages 15-29!
The Navigating Employment Pathways Youth Program (NEPYP) is a Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) program in partnership with the Ontario Tourism Education Corporation (OTEC), Sioux Hudson Literacy Council and is funded, in part, by The Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure.
- This program builds on the success of previous MNO Tourism and Hospitality programs that graduated over 280+ students from 2009-14.
- Offers training to Métis, First Nations and Inuit. Training locations are Sault Ste. Marie and North Bay.
- A fully-funded eight (8) week program with options for work placement to follow. Training is offered three times per year in each location.
The eight weeks of training includes:
- Time management;
- Goal setting;
- Good employee habits;
- Conflict resolution;
- Customer service and telephone etiquette;
- Worker’s rights and responsibilities;
- Work Ethic;
- Dress for success;
- Resume and cover letter writing.
As well as certifications in:
- Smart Serve;
- Service Excellence;
- Workplace Essentials;
- Canadian Workplace standards.
Space is limited and classes start soon!
In North Bay
101 Worthington St East,
705-474-2767 ext. 313
In Sault Ste Marie
26 Queen St East