Strategic Partnership Program (SPP)
- To enhance labour market partnership development activity
- To support skills development of employment projects
- To address labour market shortages and emerging employment sectors
- To address conferences and workshops focusing on employment and training.
- Métis clients whether unemployed, under-employed and/or clients whose employment is at risk due to labour market changes, insufficient employment skills or certification.
Eligible Delivery Agents
- Métis Community Councils wanting to develop capacity while enhancing employment opportunity, skills knowledge and partnership for Métis people
- Business, organizations (non-profit/profit), public health, public organizations, educational institutions, located in Ontario.
- Organizations and/or businesses, either profit or not-for-profit, that will hire MNO clients upon successful completion of a specific training program.
- Organizations and/or business, either profit or not for profit partnering to implement specific employment and training to raise the employability of MNO clients.
- Organizations and/or businesses coordinating the development of partnerships leading to increased employment opportunities for MNOET clients.
- Organizations and/or businesses developing workshops specific to employment and training needs for eligible clients.
- Organizations and/or businesses developing conferences specific to employment and training needs for eligible clients.
- Training must relate directly to employment goals and must meet the needs of the client and the labour market demands of the industry.
- Sponsor/Employer must submit a project proposal and budget indentifying all costs and work plan.
- Clients must access training through the MNO intake and assessment process.
- Training costs will correspond to funding availability and must demonstrate cost effectiveness. This may include tuition, textbooks and related supplies, special equipment where necessary, lab/exam and certification fees, transportation and childcare expenses, and allowances according to the negotiated financial assistance policies.
- Project may be eligible for coordination and oversight staffing costs (wages, MERC, rent, etc.).
- Capital assets may be eligible expenses.
Maximum length of training is 1 year (52 weeks)
Back to Employment and Training Programs page