- Programs and Services
The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) is offering a fully funded eight-month training program with an eight-week work placement in Pre-Trades for the energy industry for Ontario self-identified Indigenous participants.
TRAINING PROVIDED IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Electrical Techniques
• Welding Techniques and
• Industrial Maintenance Techniques
In-class training takes place at Georgian College campus in Midland or Owen Sound. Following in-class training participants proceed to paid work placements with partners
in the energy industry. Work placements will provide the vital experience to continue on in skilled trades and/or other employment.
THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY INCLUDES:
• Career counselling and resume support from the MNO and its partners.
• Expenses eligible for coverage include: tuition; books and supplies; safety equipment; living allowances; dependent care and travel.
• Housing for clients from out of town will be available upon request.
• Training is open to Métis, First Nations and Inuit people, with a focus on women
The next session will start in September 2018.
For more information please contact:
MNO Project Coordinator
1-705 527-1228 ext 215
MNO Employment Developer
Ph: 705-474-2767 ext: 313
Posted: October 26, 2017