Métis Traditional Knowledge
Traditional Plant Use Study for Southern Ontario
The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) recently released the findings from a first-of-its-kind traditional knowledge study on Métis plant and vegetation use in southern Ontario. The study, entitled, “Southern Ontario Métis Traditional Plant Use Study”, highlights some of the unique traditional and medicinal practices of Métis in relation to plants and vegetation in southern Ontario, which differ from First Nations.
1. What Does Métis Heritage Mean to You
2. Is Gathering Plants Significant to Your Way of Life
3. Which Wild Plants Are Good to Eat
4. Which Plant Medicines Are Important to You
5. Spiritual Significance of Plants