Part Time (22.5 Hours a week) /Contract (March 31, 2022)
Closes: October 15, 2021
Starting Salary: $21.34 hourly
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers contract employees a collaborative work environment with competitive salary, comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 4% paid in lieu for vacation, annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January, 16 paid public and employer holidays, early closures on long weekends, and 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave).
The prime objective of the COVID-19 PPE Operations Coordinator is to maintain the COVID PPE for citizens program which includes ordering of inventory, maintaining PPE application portal, kitting and shipping of PPE to citizens.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
– Serves citizens within the PPE application program.
– Greets and receives citizens in a welcoming manner who require assistance with the online portal
– Responds to citizens’ questions.
– When necessary, redirects citizens to other MNO programs and services.
– Provides outstanding customer service and ensures requests are handled in a timely manner.
– Documents requests and shipping by updating PPE application portal and shipping tracking log.
– Submits purchase orders for replenishment items as needed.
– Works with vendors on reordering supplies/
– Processes shipping waybills and coordinates alternative shipping if needed.
– Alerts management on inventory and supply needs.
– Assists with inventory, including receiving supplies and shipping of PPE kits to citizens.
– Keeps citizens informed of the status of their application and estimated shipping time.
• High school diploma
• 1-2 years previous experience in shipping and receiving
• 1-2 years previous experience in customer
• Customer service
• Ability to provide technical support over the phone or email
• Knowledge of shipping and receiving
• Previous experience in purchase orders and ordering products
• Experience in inventory control
• Ability to review online applications and coordinate shipping in a timely manner
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
At this time, all MNO employees are required to disclose their COVID vaccination status, and, if not fully vaccinated, undergo regular testing at their cost.