Full-time/Contract (Ends March 31, 2022)
Location: Renfrew, ON
Closes: November 10, 2021
Starting Salary: $43,350 – $49,870 per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $56,370 [2021 Rates]
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers contract employees a collaborative work environment with competitive salary, comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 4% paid in lieu for vacation, annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January, 16 paid public and employer holidays, early closures on long weekends, and 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave).
The Aging at Home program is a service delivery program to assist seniors 55+ who need assistance to be able to remain living independently in their own home. The heart of the Aging at Home program is delivery of services such as friendly visiting; personal support services which include bathing, light house-keeping, meal prep, laundry and supportive transportation services (grocery, banking, pharmacy). Similar to the Community Support Services program the Coordinator will support access to gas cards for specialized medical appointment calculated based on pre-determined program variables. Included in the duties is the coordination and tracking of contracted services that would provide lawn care and/or snow removal.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Client Based Services: a record (Health Access Tracking System) is created for every client who receives client-based services such as bathing, light house-keeping, meal prep, laundry and supportive transportation services (grocery, banking, pharmacy)
- Support client access to gas cards for specialized medical appointment calculated based on pre-determined program variables.
- Assisting clients to access services through referrals.
- Coordination and tracking of contracted services that would provide lawn care and/or snow removal.
- Relevant background in Métis focused and broader Indigenous health promotion, recreation and social programs
- Experience in organizing, implementing community based workshops/activities/community events
- Well-developed administrative, organizational and communication skills in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with computer programs
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Métis focused and broader Aboriginal programs and services
- Flexible work schedule with ability to work extended hours or week-ends as necessary
- Willingness and ability to travel
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Community Wellbeing; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email email@example.com if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please note, all employees, regardless of role or location, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee has a valid medical exemption. This condition of employment is effective for all employees, full or part-time, permanent or contract, whether working remotely or not, as of November 1, 2021.