Permanent/ Full Time
Starting Salary: $43,350-$49,850 per year based on past experience
The Aging at Home program is a service delivery program to assist seniors 55+ who need assistance to be able to remain living independently in their own home. The heart of the Aging at Home program is delivery of services such as friendly visiting; personal support services which include bathing, light house-keeping, meal prep, laundry and supportive transportation services (grocery, banking, pharmacy). Similar to the Community Support Services program the Coordinator will support access to gas cards for specialized medical appointment calculated based on pre-determined program variables. Included in the duties is the coordination and tracking of contracted services that would provide lawn care and/or snow removal.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Client Based Services: a record (Health Access Tracking System) is created for every client who receives client-based services such as bathing, light house-keeping, meal prep, laundry and supportive transportation services (grocery, banking, pharmacy)
- Support client access to gas cards for specialized medical appointment calculated based on pre-determined program variables.
- Assisting clients to access services through referrals.
- Coordination and tracking of contracted services that would provide lawn care and/or snow removal.
- Relevant background in Métis focused and broader Indigenous health promotion, recreation and social programs
- Experience in organizing, implementing community based workshops/activities/community events
- Well-developed administrative, organizational and communication skills in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with computer programs
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Métis focused and broader Aboriginal programs and services
- Flexible work schedule with ability to work extended hours or week-ends as necessary
- Willingness and ability to travel
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please email email@example.com if you are having issues with your application with your resume and cover letter or have any questions about the role.
Preference may be given to qualified Métis candidates