Full Time , permanent
Closes: February 26, 2021
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Starting salary range: $41,610- 44,520
Who we are:
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose, which has been central to the MNO’s success over the last 27 years. Some of the goals set out in the MNO Statement of Prime Purpose include:
Creating a Métis-specific governance structure for the implementation of the nation’s inherent right to self-government in the province;
Establishing a credible and recognized identification system for Métis people within the province;
Focusing on ‘nation building’ through working together as a collective in order to support Métis citizens and communities;
Pursuing a rights-based agenda and proudly asserting the Métis existence as a distinct Aboriginal people within Ontario;
Protecting and preserving the distinct culture and heritage of the Métis Nation in the province; and,
Improving the social and economic well-being of Métis children, families and communities throughout the province.
Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario has built a province-wide governance structure which includes: an objectively verifiable, centralized registry of over 20,000 Métis citizens; approximately 31 Chartered Community Councils across the province which represent Métis citizens at the local level; a provincial governing body that is elected by ballot box every four years; an Annual General Assembly where regional and provincial Métis leaders are required to report back to Métis citizens yearly between elections; a charitable foundation which promotes and support Métis culture and heritage (Métis Nation of Ontario Cultural Commission); and an economic development arm (Métis Voyageur Development Fund).
In addition, the Métis Nation of Ontario has built an accountable, results-based provincial delivery structure to meet the socio-economic needs of its citizens and communities. Currently, the MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ service delivery access points across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 300 personnel across the province.
What we offer:
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary, comprehensive employer-paid health benefits, a pension plan (3% , employer matched), 15 days vacation to start, annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January, 15 paid public and employer holidays, early closures on long weekends, and 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave).
Under the direction of the Supervisor- Financial Services, the AR/AP Clerk will oversee all AR/AP functions of the IPS Financial services including the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Completes three-part matching of invoices, purchase orders and proof of receipt of goods or services, verifying that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepares other payments supported by third party and internal documents, such as rent, utilities and non-employee and volunteer expense claims.
- Prepares invoice batches for approval by the Financial Supervisor
Gains approval for invoices, where required
Verifies that invoices have not previously been paid, have been properly authorized according to the Authorization Framework and enters invoices into the GP Dynamics
- Prepares submissions to Third Party Monitor and forwards proof of payment to Monitor once the approved invoices are paid
- Compares and reconciles monthly supplier statements to balances in GP Dynamics
Acquires payment approvals and prepares cheques or cheque runs as required
Obtains payment approvals and prepares rush cheques when required
- Maintains: Accounts Payable files including pertinent vendor information
- Sequential file of copies of printed cheques
- Up-to-date vendor listing
- File of copies of all invoices necessary to maintain fixed asset inventory
- Responds to telephone inquiries from MNO employees and IPS suppliers regarding payment of invoices
- Deposit cheques on a daily basis, or as required.
- Process Fee Schedules or Revenue Recognition process based on agreements
- Prepare account receivable payment transactions and enter into GP
- Prepare invoices for bill backs and ensure required documentation is received
- Assist in the preparation of year-end working papers
- Maintain Accounts Receivable files including pertinent customer information
- Review Purchase Card Statements with receipts to ensure all documents are attached.
- Retrieve documents as required for audits/reviews
Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Branch Specific Qualifications
- Completion of post-secondary education in Accounting or Business or a similar program, or equivalent education and experience
- 1-2 years of full cycle AR/AP Experience
- Experience working with Great Plains
- Strong MS Office Skills; Excel and outlook
- Strong communication skills
- Strong desire to act in the service of the Métis Citizens, to advance and uphold rights and culture
- Superior organization skills and time/priority-management
- Ability to work alone/independently with minimal supervision
The Métis Nation of Ontario is a diverse and inclusive employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Preference may be given to qualified Métis candidates.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please email email@example.com if you are having issues with your application with your resume and cover letter or have any questions about the role.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.