Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Remote Work: Flexible (Thursday in office)
Closes: July 20, 2023
Starting Salary: $47,540 – $54,190, per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $61,810 [2023 Rates]
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary
Further, permanent employees benefit from:
- Comprehensive employer-paid health benefits,
- Pension plan,
- 10 days’ vacation to start,
- Annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January,
- 16 paid public and employer holidays,
- Early closures on long weekends,
- 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave),
- Employee Assistance Plan, and
- Telemedicine plan.
- Preferred membership pricing at Goodlife gyms.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator co-ordinates the processing and retention of financial information for payments for specific assigned branch(es) in accordance with specified Financial Policies and Procedures.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review of invoices for coding accuracy and payment to ensure that financial policies and procedures are adhered to;
- Financial data entry into accounting systems;
- Ensuring prompt and accurate payment of approved invoices;
- Online and physical document filing;
- Answering and directing internal and external communications (phone calls, email, etc.);
- Providing support to Branch management on financial procedures;
- Issue resolution with vendors, suppliers and colleagues within the MNO;
- Providing support for year end audit activities;
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
To be successful in this position the Accounts Payable Coordinator must be able to:
- Efficiently and accurately process and manage a high-volume of transaction via system data entry;
- Be able to independently manage a wide variety of tasks;
- Communicate well within a team environment, including being able to understand and follow instructions and collaborate with team members;
- Communicate issues encountered and provide potential solutions to resolve issues; and
- Keep manager informed of progress.
- 2-5 years Accounts Payable experience.
- Strong desire to act in the service of the Métis Citizens, to advance and uphold rights and culture
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High degree of technology literacy and proficiency in standard office equipment and software. Experience with Microsoft Office suite required, must have Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite an asset
- Superior organization skills and time/priority-management
- Highly detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work alone/independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in both a remote and in-office work environment
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Community Wellbeing; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please note, all employees, regardless of role or location, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee has a valid medical exemption. This condition of employment is effective for all employees, full or part-time, permanent or contract, whether working remotely or not, as of November 1, 2021.