Location: Anywhere in Ontario, Toronto or Ottawa preferred
Remote Work: Flexible (both in-office and remote-work required)
Closes: October 26, 2022
Starting Salary: $46,610 – $53,130, per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $60,600 [2022 Rates]
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary
Further, permanent employees benefit from:
- Comprehensive employer-paid health benefits,
- Pension plan,
- 10 days’ vacation to start,
- Annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January,
- 16 paid public and employer holidays,
- Early closures on long weekends,
- 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave),
- Employee Assistance Plan, and
- Telemedicine plan.
- Preferred membership pricing at Goodlife gyms.
The Communications Branch Coordinator will work as part of the Métis Nation of Ontario’s (MNO) Communications Team to advertise and promote the MNO’s programs and services to citizens. Day-to-day functions include administrative functions such as, monitoring and maintaining the general communications inbox, and inputting all relevant request information into the team’s project management software, responding to inquires, scheduling and project management. Other duties can include writing website and social media copy and maintaining the MNO website. Doing so requires strong writing skills, attention to detail and the ability to respond to requests inquires in a timely fashion with a high level of professionalism and customer service.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize functional knowledge and experience to meet organizational demands in a timely and effective matter
- Create communications products such as web pages, social media copy, email newsletter text, and news stories
- Perform administrative duties such as monitoring work queues, entering request information into team project management software, monitor and respond to general communications inbox queries, and action web ‘contact us’ requests
- Provide administrative support to the Communications Branch and its team members
- Book travel and accommodations for citizens and MNO staff
- Prepare Purchase Orders, process invoices
- Coordinate and book meetings and events when required
- Take meeting notes/minutes, and prepare meeting packages when required
- Monitor and triage the general Communications Email
- Coordinate and review all merchandising and vendor submissions and requests
- Maintain and update the MNO website on a daily basis
- Prepare briefing notes and other materials to communicate and share information with citizens, staff members, community councils, media, and the public
- Deal with confidential and sensitive issues in a timely manner, with tact and discretion as required.
- Strong desire to act in the service of the Métis Citizens, to advance and uphold rights and culture
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High degree of technological literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite products
- Website maintenance and updating experience
- Advanced communications and writing skills
- Excellent copy editing and proof-reading skills
- Superior organizational skills and great time management skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to work alone and independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of indigenous (preferably Métis) culture, issues, and current events
- Experience using WordPress and Elementor
- Experience coordinating with vendors and contractors
- Bilingualism in English, French, and/or Michif
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated experience in a related field.
- One year or more experience in a communications or related role
- Experience working in coordinating and delivering programs and/or services
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
Experience dealing with confidential information.
Positions at the MNO may require the following:
- Completion and maintenance of Vulnerable Sector Verification
- Flexibility to work extended hours as necessary
- Ability to occasionally travel within Ontario for limited periods of time
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Community Wellbeing; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please note, all employees, regardless of role or location, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee has a valid medical exemption. This condition of employment is effective for all employees, full or part-time, permanent or contract, whether working remotely or not, as of November 1, 2021.