Location: Kenora, Ontario
Remote Work: Flexible
Closes: July 15, 2022
Starting Salary: $46,610 – $53,130, per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $60,600 [2022 Rates]
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary
Further, permanent employees benefit from:
- Comprehensive employer-paid health benefits,
- Pension plan,
- 10 days’ vacation to start,
- Annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January,
- 16 paid public and employer holidays,
- Early closures on long weekends,
- 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave),
- Employee Assistance Plan, and
- Telemedicine plan.
- Preferred membership pricing at Goodlife gyms.
The Community Support Services (CSS) program is a service delivery program to assist individuals who are having trouble managing a chronic disease, or are terminal ill or the frail and elderly who are isolated. The heart of the CSS program is delivery of services such as medical transportation, friendly visiting, care giver support, advocacy, referrals, assessing client safety or hazards in home and help them address, working with OW, ODSP or FNIHB for best access and support for services, assist with reading for clients with literacy issues and assist clients with resources for end of life needs. The CSS program also relies on assistance from volunteers to deliver some of our services.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that Community Support Services program is delivered in the spirit and philosophy of the Métis Nation of Ontario’s Statement of Prime Purpose
- Client services such as attending consultations with clients, friendly visiting, service support assessments, referrals, security checks, and caregiver supports.
- Coordination of Transports to be delivered by coordinator, volunteer or other economical means.
- Provide education/information related to health and well-being and activities to reduce isolation through workshops or group based activities.
- Recruiting and overseeing base of volunteers for medical transport and friendly visiting.
- Record client services in the Online Health and Access Tracking System (OHATS).
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, and adhere to privacy legislation
- Perform Administrative duties, and other duties as instructed by the Program Supervisor
- Financial reporting specific to your program site and budget
- Reflect Métis cultural approaches as a part of the activities and services
- Participate in on-going professional development activities as time and financial resources permit
- Attend training and meetings outside Métis Nation of Ontario working hours
- Fulfill all other responsibilities as determined by management of Healing and Wellness Branch
Nature of responsibilities directly related to Volunteers:
- Oversee the Volunteers for their program.
- Complete a Volunteer Intake for new volunteer drivers, and friendly visitors with a vulnerable sector check.
- Annually obtain copy of insurance and valid driver license
- Coordinate Volunteer Medical Transports and/or Friendly Visits Schedule
- Record in O.H.A.T.S. the volunteer duration and activity report per client
- Generate and Submit Volunteer Expenses with receipts
- Evaluate Volunteers with support and direction from Supervisor
- Organize an annual Volunteer Recognition Event.
Strong desire to act in the service of the Métis Citizens, to advance and uphold rights and culture.
- Experience working with volunteers in a non-profit environment
- 1 or more years’ experience in client services experience
- 1 or more years’ experience working with all ages having trouble managing chronic disease or illness
- Proficiency with computer programs (Outlook, Excel, Work and PowerPoint)
- Degree or diploma in social services
- Knowledge of the Métis Nation of Ontario and programs offered
- Knowledge of Indigenous programs and services
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Well-developed administrative, organizational and communication skills in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to lift 11.5kg when required
- A reliable vehicle (or ability to rent), driver’s licence, $2,000,000 liability insurance, and a clean driving record
Bilingualism would be considered an asset
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Community Wellbeing; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email email@example.com if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please note, all employees, regardless of role or location, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee has a valid medical exemption. This condition of employment is effective for all employees, full or part-time, permanent or contract, whether working remotely or not, as of November 1, 2021.