Location: Anywhere in Ontario
Remote Work: Fully Remote Remote (no regular in-office work required)
Closes: April 19, 2023
Starting Salary: $52,220 – $59,520, per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $60,600 [2023 Rates].
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary
Further, permanent employees benefit from:
- Comprehensive employer-paid health benefits,
- Pension plan,
- 10 days’ vacation to start,
- Annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January,
- 16 paid public and employer holidays,
- Early closures on long weekends,
- 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave),
- Employee Assistance Plan, and
- Telemedicine plan.
- Preferred membership pricing at Goodlife gyms.
The prime objective of the Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) Infrastructure Program Developer is to assist the Manager of Early Learning and Child Care with the development of infrastructure projects, to develop culturally appropriate early learning opportunities for Métis children and families, while performing the job duties outlined in the key duties and responsibilities. This role requires functional knowledge and experience in the early learning and child care field.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide overall operational/administrative assistance to ELCC projects.
- Coordinate current projects and assist with the development of new specific early learning infrastructure related initiatives.
- Coordinate internal and external stakeholder engagement and facilitate as required.
- Collaboratively work within the MNO and also with child care providers, agencies and external partners as required.
- Project manage infrastructure projects and ensure collaboration with MNO communities and MNO Education & Training teams, to review objectives are being met.
- Utilize early years, child care and Métis knowledge and experience to meet organizational and team goals in a timely and effective manner.
Other reasonable duties as may be assigned.
- Strong desire to act in the service of the Métis Citizens, to advance and uphold rights and culture
- Early Childhood Educator Diploma and 3+ years experience working in an administrative role, within the early learning and child care field.
- Strong knowledge and application of Microsoft Office suite, online conferencing, cloud/shared applications.
- Well developed administrative, analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work with a high level of tact and discretion.
- Superior organization skills and time/priority-management.
- Work effectively both independently as well as within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and concerns and take appropriate action.
- Applied understanding of managing project management, specifically infrastructure projects.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in early learning and child care operations, project management role and/or infrastructure experience from an early learning perspective.
- Demonstrated results-orientated skills and practices.
- Practical knowledge and experience in the Child Care and Early Years Act, Ministry of Education child care licensing manual, and other early learning and child care Ministry documents and policies.
- Functional experience of child care programs and operations.
- Experience dealing with confidential information.
- Experience working in coordinating and delivering programs and/or services.
Positions at the MNO may require the following:
- Current CPR/First Aid certification or ability to obtain
- Completion and maintenance of Vulnerable Sector Verification
- A reliable vehicle (or ability to rent), driver’s licence, $1,000,000 liability insurance, and a clean driving record
- Flexibility to work extended hours as necessary
- Ability to occasionally travel within Ontario for limited periods of time
- Must meet vaccination requirements as set out in the MNO Vaccination Policy & Procedure
- Registered Early Childhood Educator designation from the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- Knowledge of indigenous (preferably Métis) culture, issues, and current activities.
- Knowledge of program administration, budgeting/financial management, program planning and coordinating.
- Experience with property management, feasibility studies and managing infrastructure projects. Experience with building code, public health requirements and health and safety regulations.
- Experience with land-based feasibility studies.
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Community Wellbeing; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please note, all employees, regardless of role or location, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee has a valid medical exemption. This condition of employment is effective for all employees, full or part-time, permanent or contract, whether working remotely or not, as of November 1, 2021.