Internal / External
Full time/ permanent
Location: Anywhere in Ontario
Remote Work: Flexible (both in-office and remote-work required)
Closes: November 25, 2022
Starting salary: $46,610 – $53,130 per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $60,600 [2022 Rates]
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary
Further, permanent employees benefit from:
- Comprehensive employer-paid health benefits,
- Pension plan,
- 10 days’ vacation to start,
- Annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January,
- 16 paid public and employer holidays,
- Early closures on long weekends,
- 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave),
- Employee Assistance Plan, and
- Telemedicine plan.
- Preferred membership pricing at Goodlife gyms.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and other senior management members. Duties include but are not limited to reception, arranging travel plans, meeting minute-taking and distribution, scheduling appointments and drafting both internal and external correspondence. The Executive Assistant must be adept at scheduling a high volume of meetings, managing conflicting schedules, and liaising with other members of the Executive and Senior Management.
The CFO is the lead on various groups and committees. The EA will conduct basic research, do outreach to various charitable groups, write grant development processes, build forms, and other related activities to support the activities of the CFO. The Executive Assistant will play an active role in working with the PCMNO and supporting various working groups and committees, including support to community councils and the Finance & Audit Committee.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must be detail oriented and results focused, and have a demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to members of the executive team, as directed
- Maintain work schedules and calendars of executive management, particularly the CFO
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for the CFO and Finance & Audit Committee members
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events
- Review documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive signature for format, content, grammar, and spelling and make edits as necessary
- Review, evaluate, and distribute priority incoming and outgoing correspondence for the executive team
- Facilitate communication between internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the CFO on special projects
- Maintain confidentiality, and professionally interact with employees, management and others at all times
- Other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
- Post-secondary education (in Business Administration or relevant discipline, preferred)
- 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative role, preferably at the senior executive level
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices, including strong digital literacy
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team in a deadline driven environment
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Community Wellbeing; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please note, all employees, regardless of role or location, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee has a valid medical exemption. This condition of employment is effective for all employees, full or part-time, permanent or contract, whether working remotely or not, as of November 1, 2021.