Full-time/Term (1 year)
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Closes: December 15, 2021
Starting Salary: $34,540 – $40,000, per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $44,920 [2021 Rates]
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary, a pension plan, 4% vacation pay, annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January, 16 paid public and employer holidays, early closures on long weekends, and 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave).
The Finance Data Entry Clerk provides support to other Finance branch team members and People Leaders through a variety of routine tasks and communications.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Financial data entry into accounting and payroll systems via manual entry or automated entry;
- Online and physical document filing;
- Organizing supporting documents for analysis by team members:
- Year-end audit document organization;
- Providing vacation and time away support for Accounts Payable OR Procurement and Payroll team members; and
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
To be successful in this position the Finance Data Entry clerk must be able to:
- Efficiently and accurately process a high-volume of transactions;
- Adeptly switch between tasks and manage tasks to support various team members;
- Communicate well within a team environment, including being able to understand and follow instructions;
- Communicate issues encountered; and
- Keep team members informed of progress.
- Strong desire to act in the service of the Métis Citizens, to advance and uphold rights and culture
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Administrative and data entry experience with up to 1 year in a similar role
- High degree of technology literacy and proficiency in standard office equipment and software (experience with Microsoft Office suite required with additional experience Microsoft Great Plains OR Ceridian Power Pay/Dayforce preferred)
- High degree of accuracy and efficiency with data processing
- Superior organization skills and time/priority-management
- Ability to work in both a remote and in-office work environment
- Ability to take direction and then work alone/independently with minimal supervision to complete tasks
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Community Wellbeing; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please note, all employees, regardless of role or location, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee has a valid medical exemption. This condition of employment is effective for all employees, full or part-time, permanent or contract, whether working remotely or not, as of November 1, 2021.