Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Remote Work: Flexible
Closes: December 7, 2021
Starting Salary: $54,410 – $62,590, per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $70,750 [2021 Rates]
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary
Further, permanent employees benefit from:
- Comprehensive employer-paid health benefits,
- Pension plan,
- 10 days’ vacation to start,
- Annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January,
- 16 paid public and employer holidays,
- Early closures on long weekends,
- 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave),
- Employee Assistance Plan, and
- Telemedicine plan.
The Financial Analyst role involves high level financial tasks and responsibilities that are both repetitive/routine and/or non-routine specialized tasks. The tasks require a high degree of focus, attention to detail, analysis and problem solving. An accounting degree or diploma is required or alternatively significant relevant experience. This role has a moderate to high level of independent decision-making authority within established processes and procedures and pre-set generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis of finance-related documentation;
- Assist in the completion of month end, quarter end and year end closing procedures;
- Assist in cash flow planning;
- Assist in the preparation of audit support documentation;
- Prepare corporate filings;
- Provide backup support for other team members
- Research and assist in the analysis of accounting treatment of transactions
- Provide support in responding to internal information requests
- Strong desire to act in the service of the Métis Citizens, to advance and uphold rights and culture
- Post-secondary education in a related field (i.e. Accounting Practices)
- 2-3 years of related experience
- High degree of technology literacy and proficiency in standard office equipment (with preferred expertise in Microsoft Excel and Great Plains or equivalent accounting system)
- Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce and DataBasics (or similar software)
- Superior organization skills and time/priority-management
- Highly detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work alone/independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Advanced communications skills
- Demonstrated experience dealing with confidential information
- Ability to work in both a remote and in-office work environment
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Community Wellbeing; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please note, all employees, regardless of role or location, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee has a valid medical exemption. This condition of employment is effective for all employees, full or part-time, permanent or contract, whether working remotely or not, as of November 1, 2021.