Full-time, Permanent Position
Closes: Open until a suitable applicant is found
Starting salary range: $76,500- $88,000 annually per year based on experience
Who we are:
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose, which has been central to the MNO’s success over the last 27 years. Some of the goals set out in the MNO Statement of Prime Purpose include:
Creating a Métis-specific governance structure for the implementation of the nation’s inherent right to self-government in the province;
Establishing a credible and recognized identification system for Métis people within the province;
Focusing on ‘nation building’ through working together as a collective in order to support Métis citizens and communities;
Pursuing a rights-based agenda and proudly asserting the Métis existence as a distinct Aboriginal people within Ontario;
Protecting and preserving the distinct culture and heritage of the Métis Nation in the province; and,
Improving the social and economic well-being of Métis children, families and communities throughout the province.
Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario has built a province-wide governance structure which includes: an objectively verifiable, centralized registry of over 20,000 Métis citizens; approximately 31 Chartered Community Councils across the province which represent Métis citizens at the local level; a provincial governing body that is elected by ballot box every four years; an Annual General Assembly where regional and provincial Métis leaders are required to report back to Métis citizens yearly between elections; a charitable foundation which promotes and support Métis culture and heritage (Métis Nation of Ontario Cultural Commission); and an economic development arm (Métis Voyageur Development Fund).
In addition, the Métis Nation of Ontario has built an accountable, results-based provincial delivery structure to meet the socio-economic needs of its citizens and communities. Currently, the MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ service delivery access points across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 300 personnel across the province.
What we offer:
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary, comprehensive employer-paid health benefits, a pension plan (3% , employer matched), 15 days vacation to start, annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January, 15 paid public and employer holidays, early closures on long weekends, and 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave).
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) the General Manager of Infinity Property Services (IPS) will lead, direct and manage the operation, finance and administration of IPS. As a non-government funded entity of the MNO, IPS provides property management and related services to external agencies on a fee-for-service basis to sustain its operations. The General Manager will be responsible for ensuring the long-term self-sustainability and growth of IPS that aligns with the strategic direction and priorities of the MNO.
· Establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive working relationships with other MNO units and branches, leadership, MNO citizens, and contractors on related projects.
Required education & training
|· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline pertinent to the job function from a recognized college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Project, Program and Portfolio Management certification and/or Property Management Certification is an asset.
· Valid Ontario “G” driver’s license, a clean driver’s abstract, and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance.
|Knowledge, skills & experience
|· A minimum of 3-5 years experience in business operations
· A minimum of 3-5- years of experience in the property management industry in a leadership role
· A minimum of 2-3 years experience in financial administration
· A high degree of familiarity with the Residential Tenancies Act, Housing Services Act, Ontario Building Codes, and other regulations as it relates to housing management.
· Knowledge of the Métis and/or Indigenous policy issues, or demonstrated ability to quickly acquire and expand knowledge of Métis specific matters.
· Proven experience managing in environments with extensive scope, complexity and diversity of operations.
· Demonstrated experience providing ongoing leadership to a diverse workforce with a view to ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, while promoting continuous learning and innovation.
· Strong interpersonal skills in order to liaise with MNO leadership and management, partners and other internal and external stakeholders, and significant skill and experience speaking to a variety of audiences.
· Demonstrated ability to adhere to all relevant employment related legislation, including privacy laws, and to respect confidential information.
· A high degree of digital literacy, including demonstrated knowledge of MS Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, business management systems.
· Ability and willingness to work flexible hours (including weekends as required) and travel throughout Ontario.
The Métis Nation of Ontario is a diverse and inclusive employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Preference may be given to qualified Métis candidates.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please email email@example.com if you are having issues with your application with your resume and cover letter or have any questions about the role.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.