Full-time/Contract (End Date: November 4, 2022 – possibility of extension)
Location: Ottawa, ON Preferred
Closes: October 20, 2021
Starting Salary: $43,350-$49,870, per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $56,370 [2021 Rates]
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers contract employees a collaborative work environment with competitive salary, comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 4% paid in lieu for vacation, annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January, 16 paid public and employer holidays, early closures on long weekends, and 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave).
The Human Resources Coordinator is the focal point of communication within the Human Resources team, with timely support, efficiency and professionalism being the key goal at all times. This position supports the Human Resource Generalist positions and reports to the Supervisor, Human Resources and Executive Services.
The Human Resources Coordinator administers and supports the delivery of employee life-cycle services, including hiring, on-boarding, orientation, training, coaching and performance management, compensation, benefits, pension, wellness, and off-boarding.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative services to the HR team, including but not limited to: responding to internal and external HR-related inquiries, redirecting HR-related inquiries to the appropriate person on the team, support the administration of the organization’s HRIS, training, compliance, and employee assistance plan systems
- Maintain records of personnel-related data accurately and within appropriate privacy legislation guidelines
- Staffing and recruitment duties including posting positions, sourcing candidates, screening, and administering related processes
- Administration of compensation including, but not limited to HRIS functions, payroll support, benefits and pension administration
- Support the HR team in training and development creation and roll out
- Support communication about policies, rules, and procedures to ensure employees’ health and safety
- Ensures appropriate employee records are kept in accordance with legal standards
- Provide an access point for employee relations issues via monitoring and responding to the HR Inbox
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, such as collection of employee feedback
- Other duties as may be reasonably assigned
- A post-secondary degree or certification in Human Resources Management
- 1-3 years’ experience providing client services
- Knowledge of human resources processes, best practices, and relevant legislative compliance
- Ability to maintain and preserve strict confidentiality
- Membership in an accredited Human Resources Professionals Association (preferred)
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email email@example.com if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
At this time, all MNO employees are required to disclose their COVID vaccination status, and, if not fully vaccinated, undergo regular testing at their cost.