Location: Anywhere in Ontario
Closes: September 20, 2021
Starting Salary: $48,570-$55,870 per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $63,160 [2021 Rates]
All internal applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary, comprehensive employer-paid health benefits, a pension plan, 10 days’ vacation to start, annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January, 16 paid public and employer holidays, early closures on long weekends, and 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave).
The Human Resources Generalist partners with assigned Branches and People Leaders to take action on HR issues/needs, including sourcing, selecting and hiring qualified candidates, providing support throughout all stages of the application and hiring process, including offer letters and onboarding, arranging for in-house and external training activities, providing advice to People Leaders related to the completion of various HR tasks and responding to day-to-day HR related questions from employees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting and onboarding of new employees
- Researching employment laws and legislation
- Supporting People Leaders and employees with employee relations issues and concerns over the entire employee lifecycle
- Supporting the Health & Safety Committee by updating/maintaining related documentation, administering and tracking training, and working on related projects
- Supporting employee performance evaluation programs
- Administering employee benefits and pension program
- Reviewing payroll documentation
- Updating and maintaining various HR documentation and systems
- Responding to requests and providing solutions or redirecting as quickly as possible
- Ensuring HR activities and documentation are consistent with applicable policies and procedures, maintaining the strictest level of confidentiality
- Work closely with the HR Supervisor to manage unexpected situations and/or projects
- Other duties as assigned
- A post-secondary degree or certification in Human Resources Management
- Minimum of 1 year experience in client services, preferably in a Human Resources setting
- Membership in an accredited Human Resources Professionals Association (preferred)
- Knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of Métis culture and Métis Nation of Ontario
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
Bilingualism would be considered an asset
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.