Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Closes: September 17, 2021
Starting Salary: $54,410 -$62,590 per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $70,750 [2021 Rates]
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary, comprehensive employer-paid health benefits, a pension plan, 10 days’ vacation to start, annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January, 16 paid public and employer holidays, early closures on long weekends, and 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave).
The Internal Payments Officer is responsible for the accurate and timely payments of payroll, living allowances and expense claims for the employees, student clients, PCMNO members and volunteers of the organization.
The Officer also ensure proper processing and reporting of deductions and payroll based contributions along with reporting, maintaining and reconciling employee benefit payments.
The issuance of T4s and T4As at calendar year-end is also a key responsibility.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that preliminary payroll details are accurate and up to date for any changes (30%)
- Ensuring that student living allowance payments are accurate and up to date for any changes (25%)
- Ensuring that allocations for payroll and student client costs are accurately reported in the accounting system (5%)
- Ensuring that benefits for employees and PCMNO members are kept up to date and reconciled appropriately (5%)
- Responding to employee and PCMNO member queries (5%)
- Adapting to new processes and technology when implemented to support effective Branch operations (10%);
- Reviews of y/e T4s and T4As, preparation of manual T4As, preparation of summary reports to CRA (10%)
- Ensuring processes and deductions are aligned with current CRA regulations (5%);
- Support the year end external audit by coordinating the preparation of working papers and provision of materials to external auditors (5%)
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a comparable role
- Membership in a Professional Payroll Association
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
At this time, all MNO employees are required to disclose their COVID vaccination status, and, if not fully vaccinated, undergo regular testing at their cost.