Location: Barrie, Thunder Bay, or Toronto preferred
Closes: October 21, 2021
Starting Salary: $68,290 to $78,500, per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $88,800 [2021 Rates]
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary, comprehensive employer-paid health benefits, a pension plan, 15 days’ vacation to start, annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January, 16 paid public and employer holidays, early closures on long weekends, and 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave).
Reporting to the General Manager, Infinity Property Services (IPS), the Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and performance management of the OPS. The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the performance of residential property management and service contracts, including but not limited to, key performance indicators, capital and preventative maintain planning, procurement and budgeting. The Operations Manager will support the General Manager to develop operational strategies, monitor fiscal performance and support business growth.
The Operations Manager will typically have the following direct reports:
- Finance Supervisor
- Property Administrators
- Property Inspectors
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Property and Service Management:
- Develop, implement and track Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as required by the customer. KPI includes, but limited to, vacancies, residential tenant placements, capital and maintenance budgets, life safety inspections and scopes of work
- Review and approve all residential Purchase orders issued by IPS team members
- Develop capital and preventative maintenance plans for housing portfolios
- Develop annual budgets and monitor spending in collaboration with the General Manager
- Ensure inspections and scopes of work are completed within the agreed to time frames
- Utilize best practices to ensure service delivery remains within contractual obligations set by the customer
- Manage all procurement activities to ensure compliance with customer requirements and alignment with MNO procurement policies where appropriate
- Review and submission of monthly and annual reporting and invoicing to customer as required
- Monitor accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure adequate cash flow
- Liaise with customers to determine their needs and ensure contractual obligations are met
- Review proposed scopes of work to insure compliance and reasonable expenditures
- Provide direct oversight of daily operations of IPS, primarily focusing on the meeting the deliverables within its contracts
- Embrace best practices, processes and tools to ensure office activities are effective and efficiency
- Monitor IPS operational spending to ensure costs are maintained within budget established by the General Manager
- Evaluate existing operational procedures and practices and make recommendations for improvements to the General Manager
- Assist in preparing and tracking IPS operational plans
- Achieve annual revenue targets by balancing between cost optimization and meeting customer needs
- Monitor IPS accounts receivables to ensure invoicing is completed and reconciles with MNO Finance Branch Monthly
- Effectively utilize KPIs, Performance Efficiency Reviews, financial statements and operational reports to track performance, establish effective action plans and continuously improve the operations
- Hire, develop, motivate and train staff to promote customer excellence, operational efficiency and skill development
- Reporting on work plans, financial, contract performances and operational plans
- Participate in operational forecasting with General Manager
- Provide support to staff regarding compliance with the RTA and liaise with paralegals on LTB issues and hearings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager or designate(s)
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline pertinent to the job function from a recognized college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Property Management Certification is an asset
- Accounting experience or education is an asset
- Experience with residential tenancies is an asset
- Experience and familiarity with residential construction
- Experience with construction tenders
- A minimum of 3-5 year working in a similar environment including residential tenancies
- A minimum of 2-3 years supervisory/managerial experience
- Valid Ontario “G” driver’s license
- Experience in single unit and multi-unit residential property management
- A high degree of familiarity with the Residential Tenancies Act, Housing Services Act, Landlord and Tenant Board Tribunal, Ontario Building Codes, Geared to Income Housing criteria and lease administration
- A high degree of digital literacy, including demonstrated knowledge of MS Office software and business/facility management systems
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to complete tasks and projects accurately, efficiently and autonomously
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
IPS (Infinity Property Services) is a division within the MNO which specializes in Residential Property Management on behalf of third party clients across Ontario.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
At this time, all MNO employees are required to disclose their COVID vaccination status, and, if not fully vaccinated, undergo regular testing at their cost.