January 1, 2021
Internal/External Job Posting
Determinate (1 year Contract) / Full Time
Location: Anywhere In Ontario
On going recruitment
The Métis Internship Program (MIP) invests in committed, talented graduates seeking a great opportunity to start and accelerate their careers. It’s a paid, one-year developmental opportunity to grow top talent while delivering important public services to the Métis people of Ontario. Individuals who have graduated or will graduate with a recognized degree, postgraduate certificate or diploma within the last 6 months may apply. Areas of intern focus may be updated from time to time. Please check the MNO website for updates.
Explore multiple career options! Interns gain invaluable work experience as they explore the diversity of career opportunities available with the Métis Nation of Ontario Public Service. Keep learning. Through experience, relationships, and training, interns are supported by a wide network of peers, managers and mentors to guide and enrich professional growth. Interns receive ongoing feedback, mentoring and coaching to grow and succeed. Get connected! Interns will have the opportunity to connect with leaders at all levels, and collaborate with communities across the province.
Interns selected will choose to work in one of the following areas during one, 12-month assignment:
- Community Outreach
- Education and Curriculum Development
- Journalism and Public Affairs
- Property Administration
- To meet funding parameters, candidates must be Métis
- Graduated within the last six months from date of posting (Fall- Winter 2020) or will graduate with a recognized degree, postgraduate certificate or diploma in the next six months (Spring- Summer 2021)
- Education in the field of study relevant to the Internship
- Demonstrated ability to be confidential, responsible , reliable and professional
- Proficiency with computer programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Availability to work evenings and weekends with travel to various locations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills
- Committed to working as a valuable and cooperative team member
- Ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision
- Ability to effectively and courteously interact with the public
- Knowledge of Métis culture, history and way of life
- Able to work a flexible work schedule
The Métis Nation of Ontario is a diverse and inclusive employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please email email@example.com if you are having issues with your application with your resume and cover letter or have any questions about the role.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.