Location: Anywhere in Ontario
Remote Work: Flexible
Closes: April 15, 2022
Starting Salary: $46,610 – $53,130, per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $60,600 [2022 Rates]
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary.
Further, contract employees benefit from:
- Optional pension plan,
- 4% vacation pay,
- Annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January,
- 16 paid public and employer holidays,
- Early closures on long weekends,
- 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave),
- Employee Assistance Plan, and
- Telemedicine plan.
- Preferred membership pricing at Goodlife gyms.
The prime objective of the Operations Coordinator is to assist the Education and Training Branch – Métis Language Initiatives while performing the job duties outlined below. Provide overall administrative and operational assistance to the Manager of Métis Language Initiatives. Assist in planning Métis language training sessions and meetings, culture and language camps, and engagement sessions, including travel arrangements, and shipping and receiving of Métis language resources and materials.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
The incumbent is responsible for the following duties, as well as other duties as may be assigned by the Manager of Métis Language Initiatives:
- Support Manager, Métis Languages Initiatives with administration needs and operations required.
- Provide support to Director Education and Training as directed.
- Support new employee onboarding.
- Coordinate the processing of financial administrative and operational procedures (g., purchase orders, expense claims, bill back submissions, and purchase card reconciliation).
- Handle the day-to-day shipping and receiving of Métis language materials and resources.
- Respond to general Métis language enquiries.
- Organize and maintain supplies for the Métis language team:
- Receive items from various shipping sources
- Prepare shipping waybills and coordinate pickup and delivery
- Work with vendors and MNO citizens to arrange shipments
- Organize and maintain stockroom
- Assemble and package Métis language kits and resources
- Maintain an inventory and shipment catalogue
- Assist with booking meetings, camps, events, and training sessions including the following responsibilities:
- Secure facilities and vendors (best terms), arrange room set-up, audio/visual requirements and catering services when
- Arrange participant travel, car rental and/or accommodations.
- Work with trainers and facilitators to ensure logistical needs are met.
- Prepare promotional packages, meeting kits and other materials and resources.
- Oversee registration of events.
- Record and prepare meeting summaries/reports.
- Act as liaison for collaborative administrative and operational needs and inter-branch activities and attend internal communications meetings as required.
- Support travel arrangements.
- Maintain Métis languages calendar of events and communications work plan.
- Coordinate the production, printing, and distribution of Métis Language promotional materials.
- Responsible for Education and Training Branch correspondence, documents and communications as directed (preparation, process, log, filing, ).
- At the direction of the Manager of Métis Languages Initiatives, provide notices and updates to branch.
- Research information for the Manager of Métis Language Initiatives, as requested.
- Attend meetings/training when required; take notes.
- Strong desire to act in the service of the Métis Citizens, to advance and uphold rights and culture
- Post-Secondary education and/or 2-3 years’ experience working with shipping and receiving for an office environment, experience with ccoordination, budgeting, program delivery and reporting, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic/experience requirements.
- Experience working in shipping and receiving considered an asset
- Expert knowledge with Microsoft Office Programs (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Proficient organizational, project management and time management skills
- Confirmed flexibility and the ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Verified ability to function independently with minimal direction
- Familiar with being exposed to confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to learn new processes quickly
- Flexible work schedule with ability to work extended hours or weekends as necessary
- Willingness and ability to travel
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Community Wellbeing; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email email@example.com if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please note, all employees, regardless of role or location, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee has a valid medical exemption. This condition of employment is effective for all employees, full or part-time, permanent or contract, whether working remotely or not, as of November 1, 2021.