Internal/External Job Posting
Full time/ permanent
Starting salary: $68,290 to $78,500 based on experience, with a maximum salary of $88,800
Location: Barrie, Thunder Bay or Toronto preferred
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
Who we are:
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose.
Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario has built a province-wide governance structure which includes: an objectively verifiable, centralized registry of over 20,000 Métis citizens; approximately 31 Chartered Community Councils across the province which represent Métis citizens at the local level; a provincial governing body that is elected by ballot box every four years; an Annual General Assembly where regional and provincial Métis leaders are required to report back to Métis citizens yearly between elections; a charitable foundation which promotes and support Métis culture and heritage (Métis Nation of Ontario Cultural Commission); and an economic development arm (Métis Voyageur Development Fund).
In addition, the Métis Nation of Ontario has built an accountable, results-based provincial delivery structure to meet the socio-economic needs of its citizens and communities. Currently, the MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ service delivery access points across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 300 personnel across the province.
What we offer:
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary, comprehensive employer-paid health benefits, a pension plan, 15 days vacation to start, annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January, 15 paid public and employer holidays, early closures on long weekends, and 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave).
Reporting to the General Manager, Infinity Property Services (IPS), the Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and performance management of the IPS. The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the performance of property management and service contracts, including but not limited to, key performance indicators, capital and preventative maintaining planning, procurement and budgeting. The Operations Manager will support the General Manager to develop operational strategies, monitor fiscal performance and support business growth.
The Operations Manager will typically have the following direct reports:
- Finance Supervisor
- Property Administrators
- Property Inspectors
Property and Service Management
- Develop, implement and track Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as required by the customer. KPI includes, but limited to, vacancies, tenant placements, capital and maintenance budgets, life safety inspections and scopes of work.
- Review and approve all residential Purchase orders issued by IPS team members
- Develop capital and preventative maintenance plans for housing portfolios
- Develop annual budgets and monitor spending in collaboration with the General Manager
- Ensure inspections and scopes of work are completed within the agreed to timeframes
- Utilize best practices to ensure service delivery remains within contractual obligations set by the customer
- Manage all procurement activities to ensure compliance with customer requirements and alignment with MNO procurement policies where appropriate
- Review and submission of monthly and annual reporting and invoicing to customer as required
- Monitor accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure adequate cash flow
- Liaise with customers to determine their needs and ensure contractual obligations are met
- Provide direct oversight of daily operations of IPS, primarily focusing on the meeting the deliverables within its contracts.
- Embrace best practices, processes and tools to ensure office activities are effective and efficiency.
- Monitor IPS operational spending to ensure costs are maintained within budget established by the General Manager
- Evaluate existing operational procedures and practices and make recommendations for improvements to the General Manager
- Assist in preparing and tracking IPS operational plans
- Achieve annual revenue targets by balancing between cost optimization and meeting customer needs
- Monitor IPS accounts receivables to ensure invoicing is completed and reconciles with MNO Finance Branch monthly
- Effectively utilize KPIs, Performance Efficiency Reviews, financial statements and operational reports to track performance, establish effective action plans and continuously improve the operations
- Hire, develop, motivate and train staff to promote customer excellence, operational efficiency and skill development
- Reporting on work plans, financial, contract performances and operational plans
- Participate in operational forecasting with General Manager.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager or designate(s).
Required formal education & training
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline pertinent to the job function from a recognized college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Property Management Certification is an asset.
- Accounting experience or education is an asset.
- A minimum of 3-5 years working in a similar environment.
- A minimum of 2-3 years supervisory/managerial experience.
- Valid Ontario “G” driver’s license.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Experience in single unit and multi-unit property management
- A high degree of familiarity with the Residential Tenancies Act, Housing Services Act, Landlord and Tenant Board Tribunal, Ontario Building Codes, Geared to Income Housing criteria and lease administration.
- A high degree of digital literacy, including demonstrated knowledge of MS Office software and business management systems
- Ability to provide ongoing leadership to a diverse workforce with a view to ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, while promoting continuous learning and innovation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively and professionally present information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to complete tasks and projects accurately, efficiently and autonomously.
- Resourceful with the ability to critically think and anticipate obstacles and take action to minimize their impact.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to easily communicate situations requiring tact, judgement, confidentiality and sensitivity in diverse and sometimes complex situations.
- Proven experience working efficiently and effectively as part of a team, or independently.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours (including weekends as required) and travel throughout Ontario.
Positions at the MNO may require the following:
- Current CPR/First Aid certification or ability to obtain
- Completion and maintenance of Vulnerable Sector Verification
- A reliable vehicle, driver’s licence, $1,000,000 liability insurance, and a clean driving record
- Flexibility to work extended hours as necessary
- Ability to occasionally travel within Ontario for limited periods of time
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email email@example.com if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having issues with your application or have any questions about the role.