Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Remote Work: Flexible (In-Office and at-Home)
Closes: June 23, 2022 (extended date)
Starting Salary: $82,250 – $93,750, per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $106,950 [2022 Rates]
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary
Further, permanent employees benefit from:
- Comprehensive employer-paid health benefits,
- Pension plan,
- 10 days’ vacation to start,
- Annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January,
- 16 paid public and employer holidays,
- Early closures on long weekends,
- 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave),
- Employee Assistance Plan, and
- Telemedicine plan.
- Preferred membership pricing at Goodlife gyms.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Project Manager is the primary point-person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering corporate projects on time, within budget, and in accordance to specifications. The Project Manager is responsible to define the objectives of the project, and ensure strict quality assurance is followed throughout the project’s lifecycle. This position will be responsible to acquire resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. This position will work closely with the Information & Communication Technology team.
Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders, and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each project’s lifecycle.
This role will be responsible to support the implementation of a Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software system. This will include the incumbent will conducting a thorough business analysis; research, meet with vendors, and recommend an appropriate ERP; roll out the ERP and conduct end-user testing; provider training to end-users; support the project and be the main knowledge source of the intricacies and details of the system.
In addition, this role will include business analysis functions such being responsible for performing strategic business analyses for various departments in support of corporate goals and objectives. This includes cataloguing and documenting business processes and sub-processes in order to discover inefficiencies. The role will also re-engineer processes and sub-processes as necessary for the purpose of determining and meeting the company’s plans. This individual will be a key liaison between the IT department and business units.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Establish a Project Charter, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders, for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, and ROI calculations to determine project feasibility.
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/or PM methods.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods;
- Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification.
- Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; deliver these reports during regular stakeholder meetings.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associate work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Conduct project post mortems in order to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Supports stakeholders with analysis of business processes and collaborate to develop strategies for enhancing them.
- Identify omissions and errors in business requirements by conducting feasibility studies.
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or solution providers.
- Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Perform analysis of job impact on business users; monitor impact scenarios throughout development and implementation life cycles.
- Perform data analyses as requested; develop and present ad hoc reports in support of various business process initiatives both internally and externally.
- Other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
- Strong desire to act in the service of the Métis Citizens, to advance and uphold rights and culture
- University degree or college diploma in the field of information technology or business administration or related field.
- Certification in project management, preferably your PMP designation.
- 3 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- In-depth understanding of enterprise software solutions such as Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS project.
- An IT background would be considered an asset.
- Intuitive grasp of organizational structure in order to manage cross-departmental and cross-disciplinary resource allocation.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Superb creation and facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, technology management, and internal controls.
- Demonstrated experience modeling and mapping business processes using proven methodologies and models.
- Expertise in designing, developing, and implementing re-engineered business processes and associated software and hardware.
- Ability to troubleshoot business process changes, errors, and subsequent modifications; must be able to do this with the work of other analysts.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Community Wellbeing; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email email@example.com if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please note, all employees, regardless of role or location, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee has a valid medical exemption. This condition of employment is effective for all employees, full or part-time, permanent or contract, whether working remotely or not, as of November 1, 2021.