Internal/External Job Posting
Location: Anywhere in Ontario
Closes: September 22, 2021
Salary: $68,290-$78,550 per year based on experience
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
Who We Are:
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose.
Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario has built a province-wide governance structure which includes: an objectively verifiable, centralized registry of over 20,000 Métis citizens; approximately 31 Chartered Community Councils across the province which represent Métis citizens at the local level; a provincial governing body that is elected by ballot box every four years; an Annual General Assembly where regional and provincial Métis leaders are required to report back to Métis citizens yearly between elections; a charitable foundation which promotes and support Métis culture and heritage (Métis Nation of Ontario Cultural Commission); and an economic development arm (Métis Voyageur Development Fund).
In addition, the Métis Nation of Ontario has built an accountable, results-based provincial delivery structure to meet the socio-economic needs of its citizens and communities. Currently, the MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ service delivery access points across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 300 personnel across the province.
What We Offer:
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary, comprehensive employer-paid health benefits, a pension plan, 16 days’ vacation to start, annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January, 16 paid public and employer holidays, early closures on long weekends, and 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave).
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Project Manager is the primary point-person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering corporate projects on time, within budget, and in accordance to specifications. The Project Manager is responsible to define the objectives of the project, and ensure strict quality assurance is followed throughout the project’s life-cycle. This position will be responsible to acquire resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. This position will work closely with the Information & Communication Technology team.
Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders, and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each project’s life-cycle.
In addition, this role will include business analysis functions such being responsible for performing strategic business analyses for various departments in support of corporate goals and objectives. This includes cataloging and documenting business processes and sub-processes in order to discover inefficiencies. The role will also re-engineer processes and sub-processes as necessary for the purpose of determining and meeting the company’s plans. This individual will be a key liaison between the IT department and business units.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish a Project Charter, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders, for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, and ROI calculations to determine project feasibility.
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/or PM methods.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods;
- Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification.
- Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; deliver these reports during regular stakeholder meetings.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associate work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Conduct project post mortems in order to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Supports stakeholders with analysis of business processes and collaborate to develop strategies for enhancing them.
- Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or solution providers.
- Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Perform data analyses as requested; develop and present ad hoc reports in support of various business process initiatives.
- Other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
- University degree or college diploma in the field of information technology or business administration or related field.
- Certification in project management, preferably your PMP designation.
- 3 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- In-depth understanding of enterprise software solutions such as Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS project.
- An IT background would be considered an asset.
- Intuitive grasp of organizational structure in order to manage cross-departmental and cross-disciplinary resource allocation.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Superb creation and facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, technology management, and internal controls.
- Demonstrated experience modeling and mapping business processes using proven methodologies and models.
- Expertise in designing, developing, and implementing re-engineered business processes and associated software and hardware.
- Ability to troubleshoot business process changes, errors, and subsequent modifications; must be able to do this with the work of other analysts.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.