Full-time/Term (12 months)
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Remote Work: Flexible
Closes: January 31, 2022
Starting Salary: $43,350 – $56,370, per year based on experience. Salary Range Max $60,600 [2021 Rates]
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who meet the requirements for MNO Citizenship as per the MNO Bylaws and who are in good standing.
What We Offer
As an employer, the Métis Nation of Ontario offers a collaborative work environment with competitive salary.
Further, contract employees benefit from:
- Optional pension plan,
- 4% vacation pay,
- Annual paid two-week holiday closure in December-January,
- 16 paid public and employer holidays,
- Early closures on long weekends,
- 15 paid health & wellness days (sick leave),
- Employee Assistance Plan, and
- Telemedicine plan.
This role is a paid full-time 1-year contract. The applicant will be supporting the Infinity Property Services Group (IPS – A Division of the MNO) by providing support to Infinity Property Inspectors by helping schedule site visits, performing site inspections to confirm contractor work, prepare purchase orders, tenant move in’s and move out’s and other duties as assigned.
This role requires regular on-site work at the IPS office in Thunder Bay, remote work and occasional residential site visits.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
It’s a paid, one-year developmental opportunity to grow top talent while delivering important public services to the Metis people of Ontario. Individuals who have graduated or will graduate with a recognized degree, postgraduate certificate or diploma within the last 6 months may apply.
- Strong desire to act in the service of the Métis Citizens, to advance and uphold rights and culture.
- To meet funding parameters, candidates must self identify as Metis or being a Metis Nation of Ontario citizen
- Graduated within the last six months from date of posting (Fall- Winter 2021/2022)
Education in the field of study relevant to the Internship which may include:
- building sciences
- Property Inspection
- Project management
- Residential Construction
- Administrative experience
- Demonstrated ability to be confidential, responsible, reliable and professional
- Proficiency with computer programs (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends with travel to various locations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills • Committed to working as a valuable and cooperative team member
- Ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision
- Ability to effectively and courteously interact with the public
Who We Are
In 1993, the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) was established through the will of Métis people and Métis communities coming together throughout Ontario to create a Métis-specific governance structure and vision, encapsulated in the Statement of Prime Purpose. Today, the Métis Nation of Ontario represents over 25,000 Métis citizens.
The MNO delivers programs and services to its citizens through these branches: Healing and Wellness; Community Wellbeing; Education and Training; Housing; Lands, Resources and Consultation; Intergovernmental and Community Relations; Self-Government and Registry. Through these various branches, the MNO maintains 30+ offices and community spaces across the province, administers over $50 million annually, and employs about 350 staff across the province.
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
Please note, all employees, regardless of role or location, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless the employee has a valid medical exemption. This condition of employment is effective for all employees, full or part-time, permanent or contract, whether working remotely or not, as of November 1, 2021.