Internal/External Job Posting
Location: Must be located in Ottawa with the ability to work in office for limited periods of time
Summer Contract (May 2021- August 30, 2021), full time
Closes: May 6, 2021
Salary: $17/ per hour
Supporting the MNO Registry Team, the Registry Summer Student will require a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy. These skills are essential for supporting the team in a variety of tasks such as quality assurance, mail out, and data processing. The ideal candidate will have or be pursuing some sort of post-secondary education, be able to navigate databases, Excel spreadsheets and MS Word effectively. This position requires a commitment of 40 hours per week and work must be conducted on site, in the Ottawa office, during regular business hours.
• Maintaining and updating databases, documents, and records so they remain updated and easily accessible
• Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail (envelopes, packages, etc.)
• Answer phone calls from clients to take messages or redirect calls to appropriate colleagues
• Utilize office appliances such as photocopier, printers, and computers for word processing, spreadsheet creation, drafting and preparing correspondence for mail out, etc.
• Perform other office duties as assigned
• High School Diploma with some post-secondary education, ideally in History, Indigenous Studies, Canadian Studies, Office Administration, or similar area of study
• Previous experience in either copy editing or data processing
• Professional phone etiquette
• Proficiency with MS Office – including Excel, Word
• Strong attention to detail
• Outstanding organization and communication skills
• To meet funding requirements, candidate must be Metis
The Métis Nation of Ontario commits to providing accommodation as required by the Ontario Human Rights Act, unless to do so would cause undue hardship. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion.
The Métis Nation of Ontario will work cooperatively and in the spirit of respect with all partners in the accommodation process. These accommodations will extend to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment and selection. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the hiring process.
To apply, please visit https://www.metisnation.org/careers/mineral-development-advisor-north-east/