The Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) working group is excited to announce that we are looking for past or present Métis superhero nominees to potentially be featured in the next book for our “A Real Life Métis Superhero” series. We are calling on all Métis Nation of Ontario citizens to nominate a Métis citizen who they feel is a Métis superhero and would like to be featured in our book.
Please see below for the criteria for both the nominator and the nominee:
• The nominee must be Métis however, they do not need to be a Métis Nation of Ontario citizen. The nominee can include but is not limited to, a Métis superhero from before the establishment of the MNO, a Métis superhero from the Métis Nation of Ontario, Métis Nation of Alberta, Métis Nation of Saskatchewan, or Métis Nation of BC. All Métis superhero nominations are welcome and will be reviewed for consideration.
• The nominator must be a Métis Nation of Ontario citizen eligible for direct benefits.
• Proof of Métis Nation of Ontario citizenship will be required for the nominator and, however, will not be required for the nominee.
• The nominee and the nominator must be at least 18, or parental consent will be required if selected.
• The successful nominee may be featured in a book that will be distributed at ELCC’s discretion.
If you have a Métis superhero you would like to nominate, please do so by completing the survey at the button below.
Applications will be accepted between November 6th, 2023 –January 11th, 2024.
Although we appreciate all submissions, only one nominee will be selected.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com, and someone from our book working group will be able to assist you.