Thank you for your interest in the 2022 ELCC Fall In-Person Camp. The program is now closed as we have reached program capacity. We will re-launch the program in the Winter of 2023.
At this in-person camp, Métis families engage in workshops that connect to the land, immerse Métis early learners in their Métis culture and way-of-life, while connect with other Métis families from across Ontario. Parents will also have the opportunity to learn more about the programs and services offered through the MNO Early Learning and Child Care program.
The Camp will be held at the Canadian Ecological Centre in Mattawa, ON.
Selected families will have their accommodation, meals, and travel covered by the MNO. Families will have their own private accommodation with the option of bringing older siblings to the camp. Each cabin can accommodate 3-5 people (2 double beds and 1 single top bunk). Families with infants or toddlers are encouraged to bring a playpen.
To be eligible for this camp, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- One parent/guardian or Grandparent(s) must be a Métis Nation of Ontario citizen. Grandparents applying to attend camp with their grandchild(ren) must have written consent from the parent/guardian of the child(ren) attending.
- Families must reside in Ontario.
- Have at least one child or grandchild between the ages of 3-12 years old.
- The parent/guardian or grandparent(s) must be able to attend the full duration of camp and actively participate in camp activities with their children or grandchildren.
- Provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for all family members attending camp.
- Willing to adhere to MNO COVID-19 protocols to ensure all camp participants’ safety.
- Interested in learning about Métis history/culture and willing to participate in indoor/outdoor learning.
- When possible, families will be selected to represent all regions of Ontario.
Space for this camp is limited. Applications will be accepted until the maximum registration number has been reached. Selected families will be contacted directly by MNO staff.
Registration period: September 12 – 23, 2022
Click below to apply: