Trainer to provide three day Sexual Violence Trauma Training session
The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) has secured funding through Ontario Women’s Directorate to support a three day trauma training focused on Sexual Violence.
Training will take place on February 4-5-6, 2014 at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto and will involve a group of about 35 trainees.
Among the expected learning goals, training participants are expected:
- Be better equipped to support women who have experienced sexual violence.
- Learn the skills that will improve support to clients who has experienced sexual trauma;
- Acquire a deeper understanding of Aboriginal healing practices;
- Learn how trauma affects the community as well as the victim;
- Learn about the impact of vicarious trauma and discover individual, organizational, and community strategies for self-care and wellness.
Should you be interested in being considered to provide the above noted training, please submit a letter of interest by January 10 at 4:30pm with the following information:
- Outline of proposed training session;
- Past training experience;
- Fees to deliver three day training.
Interested and qualified applicants should reply by email to: Kristina Jewell at Kristinaj@metisnation.org.