Please Note: We have received an overwhelming response to the Grandparent Kits and applications are now closed. If you would like to be placed on a waitlist, please contact Kathleen Matharoo at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Waitlist – Grandparent Kit’. Thank you.
The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) team is excited to announce that a Grandparent kit has been developed! This kit was developed to help foster and strengthen connections with grandchildren and grandparents, and to support the importance of a grandparent and grandchild relationship by providing unique opportunities that can be shared together.
The MNO recognizes the importance that grandparents have on our early learners’ development and we are thrilled to share this kit with you. Some of the items you will find in this kit are: books, birdhouse kits, games, baking items, and more! Métis grandparents with children between the ages of 0-12 are encouraged to apply for a kit.
Kits will be available for children who meet the following criteria:
- One grandparent must be a Métis Nation of Ontario Citizen and must reside in Ontario
- Proof of citizenship will be required when completing the application: MNO Citizenship card or validated letter from MNO Registry
- Kits are limited to the first 350 applicants.
- Please allow sufficient time for processing and shipping. Shipping and delivery times will vary.
When applying for the kit please use “Grandparent Kit Application” as the subject line and include the following information in your email:
- Shipping Address (home address: street, city, and postal code) Please note: We cannot ship to PO boxes.
- Your e-mail and phone number
- Proof of MNO citizenship
- Number of grandchildren, with their ages who between the ages of 0-12.