The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) team is happy to announce the continuation of the Métis Early Learning Family Socials. These social events will be available for Métis early learners between the ages of zero (0) years and twelve (12) years and their families.
Events have been scheduled to run once each month and the next event is the Early Learning is Christmas Ornament. Join our live event via zoom and have the opportunity to play some holiday themed games, and decorate an ornament. Your family will receive an Christmas Ornament Kit for the event. The Métis Early Learning Christmas Ornament – Social will take place on:
Saturday December 11, 2021
Families will be able to register for one (1) listed timeslot. This social event will be available for children/families who meet the following criteria:
- One parent/legal guardian or child must be a Métis Nation of Ontario Citizen and must reside in Ontario
- Have at least one child between the ages of 0-12 years and one parent/legal guardian present during workshop
- Ability to access the internet and have a device to connect to Zoom
- Interested in learning about Métis history and culture from an Early Learning perspective
- Willing to participate in a digital environment
- The application must be completed by the child’s parent or legal guardian
- Acceptance priority will be given to those who have not previously attended/participated in any ELCC camps
- Those who are not initially registered will be added to a waitlist for potential openings before the start date
- If you are accepted but then unable to attend the social, we require notice no later than November December 7, 2021 at 2:30pm to allow opportunity for another family to participate
Selected families will have any required materials for the Social supplied to them.
The application period will take place November 22, 2021, 8:30am – December 1, 3:00pm.
All inquiries regarding the application can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.