Information for citizens attending MNO Special Assembly
Saturday, June 17, 2023 (9:00 am – 4:30 pm EST)
Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto Airport & Conference Centre
655 Dixon Rd • Toronto, ON
Planning is well underway for the 2023 MNO Special Assembly to be held in Toronto, Ontario on Saturday, June 17, 2023 (9:00am – 4:30pm, all times listed in this memo are Eastern Standard). An optional welcome dinner will also be held for interested attendees on Friday, June 16, 2023 (6:00pm-8:00pm). A copy of the Special Assembly meeting agenda is available here.
More information on the purpose of the Special Assembly, including a copy of the official notice, meeting guidelines, and special resolution to be voted on, is available here.
The remainder of this release provides important updates on registration, travel and accommodation, child care, and COVID protocols.
Pre-registration for the Special Assembly is now live! Click here to REGISTER NOW. In-person registration will also be available on-site on Friday, June 16, 2023 (2:00 pm – 8:00 pm) and Saturday, June 17, 2023 (8:00 am – 2:00 pm). All citizens must register in order to attend the Special Assembly.
TRAVEL, PER DIEM & ACCOMMODATION COSTS:
Consistent with the MNO’s assembly practice over the last 30 years, all citizens interested in attending the Special Assembly are responsible for covering their own attendance costs, including travel, per diem, and accommodations.
Consistent with the MNO’s past practices, and given the significance of the Special Assembly and desire to offset costs for citizens travelling from farther away, the MNO is also providing support to individuals on the MNO’s governance structures and institutions as well as to each MNO Region to support the attendance of additional citizens from each region. For more information, see this memo.
Drop-in childcare services will be available for children twelve (12) years of age and under on Saturday, June 17, 2023 (8:00 am – 5:00 pm). Any children who are pre-registered for childcare services during the Special Assembly pre-registration process, will also be provided meals. If you have any questions regarding childcare, please contact: email@example.com.
UPDATED COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
Given the large gathering anticipated for this Special Assembly, continuing COVID-19 transmission in Ontario, and the expected attendance of vulnerable individuals such as the elderly, the MNO has put in place additional COVID-19 Safety Protocols to ensure the Special Assembly is as safe and enjoyable for all attendees as possible. The below protocols further supplement the measures identified in the Special Assembly notice and planning memo.
- Every participant is strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada) and to have obtained any applicable booster of a COVID-19 vaccine if eligible to do so as of May 17, 2023.
- Prior to attending the Special Assembly, all participants must conduct a self-assessment by visiting this link: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ and we encourage you to administer a Rapid Antigen Test.
- If you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms as outlined when completing the self-assessment or you do not feel well, you must stay home.
Upon Arrival and Before Check-In at the Hotel:
- All attendees must agree to and complete an Acknowledgment and Consent Form (this document will be sent out in advance for those who wish to complete it in advance of traveling).
- All family members will be required to complete a Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival at the hotel and before they check-in.
- Those that have a negative test will receive a wrist band. Do not remove your wrist band or you will not be permitted to attend the Special Assembly. Wrist bands will be checked before you enter the meeting room.
- If you or anyone in your party tests positive for COVID, you will not be permitted to attend the Special Assembly and you will be required to return home.
During the Special Assembly:
- The MNO strongly encourages all attendees to wear an N95 or approved surgical mask throughout the Special Assembly when indoors or when in close contact outdoors.
- You will be provided with a Rapid Antigen Test Kit and masks to take with you at the MNO testing site.
- Self-administer a Rapid Antigen Test if you are feeling unwell.
Meals at the Special Assembly:
- For those who have health or safety concerns, or who feel at risk eating in a large crowd, you will be provided with a takeout meal/container so that you may eat in a location of your choosing.
Should you require further information or have questions about the above safety protocols, please do not hesitate to contact Shelley Gonneville, Director of Healing and Wellness at ShelleyG@metisnation.org or at (613) 295-4501.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SPECIAL ASSEMBLY:
If you have any questions about the MNO Special Assembly, please contact MNO’s Events & Conference Specialist, Nina Newman, at NinaN@metisnation.org or call 343-596-6433.
Other Important Links: