The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) invites Métis families to our Early Learning Fall In-Person Camp from September 28 to October 1, 2023.
The Early Learning Fall Camp is open to children ages 3-12 and their immediate family (parents/guardians or caregivers, siblings, and other family members who reside in the same household).
The Fall Camp includes various workshops that connect to the land, teach early learners about their Métis culture and way-of-life, and connect to families across Ontario. Parents will learn more about all the programs and services offered through the MNO Early Learning Child Care Program.
The Early Learning Fall Camp is held at the Canadian Ecological Centre in Mattawa, ON. Selected families will have their accommodation, meals, and travel covered by the MNO. Families will have their own private accommodation with the option of bringing older siblings as well. Cabin accommodates 3-5 people (2 double beds and 1 top bunk). Families with infants or toddlers are encouraged to bring a playpen.
To be eligible for this camp, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• One parent/guardian or Grandparent must be a Métis Nation of Ontario citizen eligible for direct benefits under MNO Policy: #2021-001: Eligibility for Direct Benefits Programs and Services Policy.
• Proof of Métis Nation of Ontario citizenship will be required when completing the application.
• Grandparents applying to attend camp with their grandchild(ren) must have written consent from the parent/guardian of the child(ren) attending.
• Have at least one child or grandchild between 3-12 years old.
• The parent/guardian or grandparent(s) must be able to attend the entire duration of camp and actively participate in camp activities with their children or grandchildren.
• Interested in learning about Métis history/culture and willing to participate in indoor/outdoor learning.
Space for this camp is limited. Applications will be accepted from August 21 to 30 (4:30 PM EST cut-off) or until the maximum registration number is reached. Applicants must submit a completed application through the Survey Monkey link listed below.
Please contact ELCC Specialist with any questions: ShannonM@metisnation.org