This September we will mark the 20th anniversary of the landmark Métis rights affirming Powley decision! We are calling on all early learner Métis artists to create a masterpiece in honour of this historic decision in our Powley Illustration Contest. Participants have a chance to win one of three prizes and to have their illustration displayed at the Annual General Assembly.
*One winner will be selected from each age group*
0-4 years of age
5-8 years of age
9-12 years of age
Each winner will receive:
- $250 gift card to Toys “R” Us
- The winner’s illustrations will be framed and displayed at the Annual General Assembly.
- A copy of our book “A Real Life Métis Superhero: The Powley Family.”
• One Parent, Legal Guardian, or child must be a Métis Nation of Ontario citizen eligible for direct benefits.
• Proof of Métis Nation of Ontario citizenship will be required when completing the application.
• Must reside in Ontario
• The child must be aged 0-12
• Multiple applicants per family are welcome!
• Parents/Guardians will be required to sign consent forms for your child’s artwork to be utilized.
To apply, email Heather Ferguson at email@example.com. Please use “Powley Illustration Contest” as the subject line and include the following information in your email:
• Shipping Address (home address: street, city, and postal code) Please Note: We cannot ship to PO Boxes.
• Your phone number.
• The best email address to contact you at.
• Proof of MNO citizenship.
• Number of children submitting artwork, with their full name and age.
Further information and illustration parameters will be provided upon application.
Applications will be accepted between June 26th, 2023 – July 4th, 2023. Further information regarding illustration submissions will be provided upon application.
Although we appreciate all submissions, only some illustrations will receive a prize. However, we will display all illustrations in an online gallery on the MNO website.