The Winter season is here and as we get outside in the colder months it’s a great time to learn about winter and winter safety!
The Métis Early Learning Virtual Winter Camp is offered to Métis early learners between the ages of three (3) and twelve (12), their siblings, and parents.
The camp will provide participants with foundational knowledge of outdoor skills, safety, and survival. Children will engage in play-based, hands-on learning and have an opportunity to experience a deeper connection to nature and their environment.
This camp will follow a structure that has both guided and self-guided activities. Registered families will attend multiple virtual sessions where they can meet their peers, ask questions and be engaged in meaningful learning discussions.
Sessions will run for one (1) hour from 6:00-7:00 p.m. for all ages. Extended learning opportunities will be available for older participants for an additional thirty (30) minutes after each session.
Families applying for the Winter camp are encouraged to attend all six sessions. The camp schedule will be as follows:
- Making Winter – February 16th 2022 at 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Animals in Winter – February 23rd 2022 at 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Celebrating Winter – March 2nd 2022 at 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Heat Loss – March 9th 2022 at 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Winter Essentials – March 23rd 2022 at 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Winter Shelters – March 30th 2022 at 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- One Parent or Child must be a Métis Nation of Ontario Citizen and must reside in Ontario
- Have at least one child between the ages of 3 years-12 years and one parent/guardian present during workshop
- Ability to access the internet and have a device to connect to Zoom
- Interested in learning about Métis history and culture from an Early Learning perspective
- Willing to participate in a digital environment
Selected families will have any required materials for the Camp supplied to them. Any other required items will be paid for by the MNO ELCC program. You will be provided with the amount that will be covered and the method of payment after confirmation is sent.