The Métis Nation of Ontario’s Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) Family Supports team invites parents/guardians to attend a series of information sessions to learn more about the MNO’s Family Supports Programs.
PLEASE NOTE: These sessions are specific to Métis Nation of Ontario Citizen families currently or interested in being supported by these programs and eligible for Direct Benefits Programs and Services, which can be found here: https://www.metisnation.org/dbps/.
Each Métis Family Supports Information Session will cover the same information with ample time for questions at the end of the session. You will also have an opportunity to meet the Family Supports Team, who supports all our Métis families across the province. Topics that will be discussed include; the Child Care Subsidy, Child Care Stipend, and Extra-curricular Program. Information on the new application process for the 2023-34 Extra-curricular program will also be shared.
The Family Supports Information Sessions will take place from March 4th to 9th, 2023. Each information session will cover the same topics and have time for discussion and questions. Parents and guardians only need to attend one session to obtain all Family Supports program information.
2023 Family Supports Information Session Schedule
Registration Period: February 6 – 24, 2023
- Session 1 – Saturday, March 4, 2023
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
- Session 2 – Saturday, March 4, 202
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST
- Session 3 – Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- 10:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
- Session 4 – Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm EST
- Session 5 – Thursday, March 9, 2023
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm EST
- Session 6 – Thursday, March 9, 2023
- 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm EST
Eligibility Criteria: The Family Support Information Sessions will be available for parents/guardians who meet the following criteria:
- One participant per Family must be a Métis Nation of Ontario Citizen and must reside in Ontario
- Have at least one child between the ages of 0-12 years
- Ability to access the internet and have a device to connect to Zoom
- Willing to participate in a digital environment
When registering for the information sessions, please use “Family Supports Information Session” as the subject line and include the following information in your e-mail:
- The session you are interested in
- Your name, e-mail, and phone number
- MNO Citizenship Number (and name if different than the person registering)
- Your MNO Region
- Number of children in your household between the ages of 0-12
If you want to sign up for one of the sessions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register.