|Click for larger image|
The Métis Nation of Ontario, in partnership with the Canadian Coast Guard are inviting all Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) citizens and their families to attend a free Introduction to Boating Safety online training course.
Offered by Transport Canada, this free training opportunity is open to any and all Indigenous people. The goal of this presentation is to ensure a safe boating environment for all. This presentation will include:
- Why choose a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) over a lifejacket or vice versa?
- Do you know how to properly fit a lifejacket to a child?
- What to look for in a lifejacket?
- The Dangers of accidental cold water immersion
- The 1-10-1 principle
- Fueling safety to avoid explosions
- The importance of filing a sail plan
- Requirements for your motorized or human powered boat
This free training opportunity will take place online on November 30, 2020 from 4 – 5pm. The information session will be presented virtually via Microsoft Teams.
A meeting link will be emailed to everyone who registers.
To register please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TN8R2P8
For more information:
Project Coordinator Intergovernmental Relations
Ph: 416-977-9881 x 108
Please note, this is not a licensing course, this is only for safety on your vessel.
Posted on November 13, 2020