NOTICE OF VOTE: Province-wide Plebiscite on next steps related to Registry Review
PLEBISCITE VOTING PERIOD:
Voting period extended from December 8, 2022 at 8:30am (ET)
to February 28, 2023 at 6:00pm (ET)
The voting date (i.e. final day to cast a vote) has been extended to February 28, 2023 at 6:00pm (ET)
All registered MNO Citizens – irrespective of their citizenship file status – who are sixteen (16) years of age or older, and not subject to voting limitations under the MNO Bylaws, are eligible to vote in the Plebiscite.
Voters may vote in the Plebiscite by either mail-in paper ballot, electronically, or by telephone. Information packages with detailed instructions on the various voting methods will be mailed out to the home addresses of registered MNO citizens, as provided to the MNO Registry. Voters may also contact the Chief Electoral Office up until January 12, 2023 to request an mail-in Paper Ballot and/or PIN for Telephone or Electronic Voting if the Voter did not receive or lost the original information package.
- Mail-in Paper Ballots: Paper Ballots and instructions will be included in the information package mailed out to Voters. Paper Ballots may be delivered to the Chief Electoral Officer by mail, courier, or hand delivery, and must be received by the Chief Electoral Officer no later than 6:00pm (ET) on January 22, 2023. UPDATE: Voting Day for the Plebiscite has been extended to February 28, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. ET.
- Electronic Voting: Electronic voting will commence on December 8, 2022 at 8:30AM (ET) and it will close January 22, 2023 at 6:00PM (ET). UPDATE: Voting Day for the Plebiscite has been extended to February 28, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. ET. If you wish to vote electronically, click the link below and then click the red “Sign Up with OneFeather” or “Vote with OneFeather” button and follow the instructions provided. You will be required to provide a personal email and verify your identity in order to vote electronically. You will be guided through the step-by-step process. Visit this link to get started: https://www.onefeather.ca/nations/mno
- Telephone Voting: Instructions for telephone voting will be included in the packages mailed to Voters. Telephone voting will commence on December 8, 2022 at 8:30AM (ET) and it will close January 22, 2023 at 6:00PM (ET). UPDATE: Voting Day for the Plebiscite has been extended to February 28, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. ET. If you wish to vote by telephone please follow the telephone voting instructions provided separately or visit https://www.onefeather.ca/nations/mno for more information.
Paul DeVillers has been appointed as the Chief Electoral Officer responsible for overseeing the conduct of the Plebiscite in accordance with the MNO Registry Review Province-Wide Plebiscite Vote Guidelines. The Chief Electoral Officer can be contacted by phone at 1-800-263-4889 ext 344 and via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information on province-wide Plebiscite, including background and context on the MNO Registry and Self-Government Readiness Review
- Chief Electoral Officer announces opening of province-wide Plebiscite voting
- Questions specific to the status of your MNO citizenship file, including questions about how to complete your file, should be directed to the MNO Registry Team via phone at 1-855-798-1006 (toll free) or 613-798-1006 (local number), or email at email@example.com.
- Update your contact information with the MNO Registry